How would you do this? **UPDATED**

My avatar
litlestar
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Re: How would you do this?

Postby litlestar » Mon Aug 03, 2009 5:55 pm

i'll keep you posted.

having read good things about the MEOS i hope they suit my SIL's needs, i think one of her main issues was the washing but i hope she realises the smell reduction and when i mentioned that they're cotton she commented on softness - fingers crossed!

:lol:

My avatar
greenferret
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby greenferret » Mon Aug 03, 2009 8:04 pm

I only wish that someone had opened my eyes to cloth before now - had 2 in yucky sposies and missed out on lovely boy nappies :( . Definately worth a try - she may be an addict on here everyday before you know it :giggle:

Beckyx

My avatar
0_Lisa_0
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby 0_Lisa_0 » Mon Aug 03, 2009 9:17 pm

Personally don't think it could hurt to offer, if she says no then no-one has lost out, but you may open her eyes to something she never considered I would certainly have appreciated it if someone had offered to lend me some nappies to trial :mrgreen:

My avatar
litlestar
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby litlestar » Wed Aug 05, 2009 7:17 am

Well, i've now realised my little nephew is probably going to need large ME wraps as he's nearly 20lbs (5 months approx 16lbs) so i've brought a large wrap and some rainbow coloured fleece liners. :giggle:

got fluffy post waiting at home! :x i'm not at home at the mo, been away overnight for work! :(

so itching to get home to open it.

how many nappies does a 5 months old go through in a day? i know she'll need the boosters too but i want to lend her enough to see her through 2 days. so she can wash every other day.

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Wed Aug 05, 2009 9:35 am

Well Grace isn't usually a particularly heavy wetter but on average you should change every 3-4hrs at this age unless they've pooped so it kinda depends how often her LO poops...

I don't use that many nappies for Grace... 3-4 for the day and one overnight... Of course it can be more if she poos but that's not every day here)

My avatar
gayleygoo
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby gayleygoo » Wed Aug 05, 2009 4:52 pm

Thats what I'm doing with SIL too - she's getting all our old newborn and small nappies and wraps, and a few onesize nappies we dont use anymore, plus a woolly or two, and the bucket. She seems quite happy to try but is put off by her terrible washing machine (she lives in a rented house and isn't even sure what the settings are, and everything comes out still dirty :-? ). Her baby should have grown out of everything by the time my new one comes along (and i daresay I'll probably have a whole new stash by then anyway :oops: :giggle: ) and if she wants to continue with them then I'll help her pick out the next size or pass on some of Mollys bigger nappies.

We agreed that even if she only used them sometimes, she'd still save money by the sposies not used as she wont have the initial outlay of cloth nappies go consider, and she will probably get used to the washing etc. And if she changes her mind and goes with sposies then she can just give them back and i wont be offended at all!

If you expect them back, do make sure she knows that :wink: Nothing worse than lending out your nappies only to discover she's trying to sell them on when she gives up!

My avatar
litlestar
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby litlestar » Wed Aug 05, 2009 5:19 pm

gayleygoo wrote:If you expect them back, do make sure she knows that :wink: Nothing worse than lending out your nappies only to discover she's trying to sell them on when she gives up!

I did make it clear to her i would need them back when LO arrives. she's fine with that, she also knows that they're already preloved.

Velvetsteph wrote:Well Grace isn't usually a particularly heavy wetter but on average you should change every 3-4hrs at this age unless they've pooped so it kinda depends how often her LO poops...

I don't use that many nappies for Grace... 3-4 for the day and one overnight... Of course it can be more if she poos but that's not every day here)

So i guess if i lend her 15 nappies and 3 wraps that should see her through a couple of days easily.

My avatar
litlestar
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Re: How would you do this? **UPDATED**

Postby litlestar » Fri Aug 28, 2009 7:50 am

I dropped the nappies off over three weeks ago....
Well, what can i say, she didn't even get as far as letting him dirty one!

Apparently they don''t fit under his lovely clothes :giggle:, i did take a couple of coolababy with me as well to show her an alternative type but as BIL isn't supportive of her using them i doubt she'd give them a go.

so without any comment i took them all home with me, and left them be. Admittedly i was a little disappointed esp considering they are really skint at the mo but at least my loaning them didn't cost them anything.

so my stash is still eagerly awaiting a bum to love only 11 weeks to go till ours arrives. :mrgreen:

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Re: How would you do this? **UPDATED**

Postby megansmummy » Fri Aug 28, 2009 7:53 am

what a shame...well at least you tried :)

PreviousNext

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat