hf1

Nappy site hasnt issued refund - WWYD? UPDATE

My avatar
lollipoplizzie
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Nappy site hasnt issued refund - WWYD? UPDATE

Postby lollipoplizzie » Mon Aug 03, 2009 10:48 am

I ordered some Itti's and inserts from a nappy site (that I won't name just yet) on 1st July, my order came to £127 so I would class that as a relatively large order. I had to email the site numerous times because there was a long wait and never any updates, and also because I thought when the order did finally arrive I'd be on holiday, so I gave my holiday address. I then decided to add another load of inserts which bumped the price up even more.

After 3 weeks my order finally arrived, minus two of the nappies and one of the inserts (she did say there might one less insert so I knew that might happen). I was peeved because we'd had a load of correspondence and she never mentioned two nappies being out of stock and had she I could've just chosen different colours, so I mailed back and she was very apologetic saying her assistant had made the mistake, and said I could have a refund and would send two nappies free of charge for the mix up/wait. Great I thought!

Well, that was on 23rd July and I haven't heard anything since, no refund, no nappies. I sent an email three days ago to make sure she has my paypal for the refund - no reply as yet.

What would you do? The refund would be about £28 so it's not a massive amount (well it wouldn't be if I actually had a job anyway!) but I don't want to just lose it, but I don't really know what I can do, and I don't want to pee her off too much with constant emails ...... :cry:
Last edited by lollipoplizzie on Tue Aug 04, 2009 1:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

My avatar
JabberJabber
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Re: Nappy site hasnt issued refund - WWYD?

Postby JabberJabber » Mon Aug 03, 2009 11:01 am

Although it is a goodwill gesture on their part to give you a refund and let you have the nappies, I think it would be worth clarifying with them what is actually going to happen. Are you able to phone them up rather than email? £28 is quite a bit of money, whether working or not. You don't have to be rude, just explain that you need to know what is going on. Kate

[ Mobile Post ] Image

My avatar
juboo752
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby juboo752 » Mon Aug 03, 2009 11:01 am

I had a similar problem with Nappyneeds, i bought babylegs and they didn't arrive after 2 weeks, so i emailed them, they didn't reply so after a week i emailed again to which they did reply eventually after a few days saying that a pair of the babylegs i had ordered were out of stock and would i like to choose another or get a refund. I asked for a refund and for the other two pairs to be sent. They eventually turned up two weeks later and a refund but i had to keep emailing to get it. Consequently i have never bought anything since from them! They did however say they were having problems with their CS and were trying to rectify the problems!!!

I would just keep emailing the company until they get fed up of you :giggle:

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Louise » Mon Aug 03, 2009 11:18 am

I'd see if you can phone them and if not e-mail again politely asking what is going on? Did you pay by PayPal? You could start an item not as described dispute if so asking for a partial refund.

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Mon Aug 03, 2009 4:58 pm

Remember the 45day limit for disputes best to start one before your time limit runs out...

My avatar
0_Lisa_0
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby 0_Lisa_0 » Mon Aug 03, 2009 9:21 pm

I have to agree with everyone else, I'd e-mail one last time and if you still don't get any response, I'd open the dispute, if you manage to sort it out once you've done that you can always cancel it.
Hope you get something sorted.

My avatar
lollipoplizzie
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby lollipoplizzie » Mon Aug 03, 2009 9:48 pm

Thanks for the tip Steph I think I will, there's no tel number on the website. :-?

Lisa - cross posted! I've opened a dispute, the site has had my money for so long that I don't have much more time to do it and don't want to leave it too late. :-?

My avatar
lollipoplizzie
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Re: Nappy site hasnt issued refund - WWYD? UPDATE

Postby lollipoplizzie » Tue Aug 04, 2009 2:07 pm

And as usual a dispute means it gets nasty! :roll:

I've now got a snotty reply on the dispute panel saying she's offered REPLACEMENT nappies (scary capitals!) and it was my fault about the inserts as she said she only had 6 and I ordered 7 (fair enough).

Strangely she doesn't suggest why it's taken two weeks and a dispute for her to reply to me or issue a refund.

She's given me a refund for the insert but still not the nappies, and I still haven't received them!

It's now 6 weeks since I paid for the nappies, full order still not received. It's such a shame that some sites think it's acceptable to take your money and then provide no customer service, no communication and not bother to send what you've paid for, it really takes the shine off of what should be a nice experience.

My avatar
0_Lisa_0
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Re: Nappy site hasnt issued refund - WWYD? UPDATE

Postby 0_Lisa_0 » Tue Aug 04, 2009 2:34 pm

You shouldn't have to stand for it though, some people really should think about whether they will be any good at customer service before they set up a business.
:hug: Hope you get it sorted soon.

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat