hf1

Losing enthusiasm

My avatar
gayleygoo
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Losing enthusiasm

Postby gayleygoo » Sat Aug 08, 2009 10:35 am

These days I just have so little enthusiasm for using cloth :-? It may be a combination of being tired and sick, and quite busy with so much other stuff, but the nappy bucket is overflowing and I can't even gather the energy to throw them in the machine (and I usually love washing nappies!) It doesnt help that the black fluff from the GMs still hasn't washed off them all and they're not so pretty, and it takes ages to clean the fluff off her bum at every nappy change!

We only have 2 pockets left for today and the rest are fitteds, which I don't really want to use as we have no nice wool to go over the top :oops: (and you'd think our house would be full of the stuff :roll: ) and even the two worn-out pairs of shorties we have for night and naptime use are so smelly they badly need washed and lanolised, and I don't even want to do that!! Theres a chance a few sposies might be going on her after the pockets are gone, just out of pure laziness.

I know I will get excited about newborn fluff and woollies once I'm far enough on to buy them :wink: but right now I'm torn between having to drag myself to the nappy bucket or putting a horrible, smelly, boring sposie on Molly.

And the sposie will probably win :cry:

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Re: Losing enthusiasm

Postby Velvetsteph » Sat Aug 08, 2009 11:35 am

:hug: :hug: :hug:
It's just the hormones talking hun - it will get better... Have a nap when she does and that should help your energy levels and general motivation :)

My avatar
0_Lisa_0
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby 0_Lisa_0 » Sat Aug 08, 2009 11:43 am

:hug: I think we all have those days

My avatar
winniewheresmypooh
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby winniewheresmypooh » Sat Aug 08, 2009 1:10 pm

do whatever makes life easier in these early weeks. I spent all day on the sofa while jon watched cbeebies when I was in the first trimester. Only wanted to clean at about 30 weeks and then I couldn't stop. You will get your enthusiasm back so don't feel guilty if you use sposoes. :)

Could be worse. Knitting gave me extreme morning sickness so I couldn't even bare to look at my needles!

Hope you feel better soon hun. :)

[ Mobile Post ] Image

My avatar
2climbingboys
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby 2climbingboys » Sat Aug 08, 2009 1:15 pm

Don't feel bad! Pregnancy does make you feel so tired for a few months, just do whatever you can cope with.

My avatar
Allie
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Allie » Sat Aug 08, 2009 1:25 pm

:hug: :hug: :hug: don't worry about it. I almost gave up on cloth during my first trimester as I couldn't face doing the nappy wash because of very bad morning sickness so dh had to do it with strict instructions :lol:

Try and rest as much as possible (not easy I know :-? ) and perhaps ask dh to put a wash on for you just to get you back on an even keel and then see how you feel once you have a load of clean nappies. Sposies are not the end of the world, there is a time and a place for them and if you need a break then have one :hug: :hug:

My avatar
babyjjbaby
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby babyjjbaby » Sat Aug 08, 2009 5:28 pm

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: i think we all get day slike that hun we used sposies teh other day it doesn't hurt hope you feel better soon :hug:

My avatar
Soupdragon
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby Soupdragon » Sat Aug 08, 2009 6:06 pm

Whatever helps get you through - those early weeks of pregnancy are hard work. :hug:

My avatar
cat27m
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby cat27m » Sat Aug 08, 2009 7:39 pm

Do whatever you need to do. The early weeks are such hard work - don't put extra pressure on yourself. :hug: :hug:

Cathleen xx

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat