hf1

Anyone tried Bububebe?

My avatar
Bobble Boy's Mum
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Anyone tried Bububebe?

Postby Bobble Boy's Mum » Wed Aug 12, 2009 7:40 am

Has anyone tried Bububebe nappies? Are they any good? Needing to add super absorbant nappies to my stash quickly and just found a nappy in a lovely print that might cheer little Findlay up whilst he's in hospital for ages but I haven't heard of the make before.

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Re: Anyone tried Bububebe?

Postby megansmummy » Wed Aug 12, 2009 7:48 am

Aparently they are very good, rhead on here uses them :)

My avatar
tanya
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby tanya » Wed Aug 12, 2009 7:52 am

But not the most absorbant nappies in the world. They are discussed here. 2nd page, about 1/2 way down onwards.

I think this is the bit you'd fnd most interesting:
rhead wrote:
Kirstyh wrote:I don't find the bububebe all that great tbh, I have to add a fair bit of extra boosting to get it to last any length of time, they are pretty and fit quite well though. x

True, I don't think they're any more absorbent than a GM (which are nothing special IMO), but I much prefer the fit - they're so cute on!

My avatar
rhead
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby rhead » Wed Aug 12, 2009 7:59 am

Yep, I love them, and they might be good for Findlay as they're trim-fitting and narrow through the crotch. I wouldn't call them super absorbent for my LO (about the same as a Goodmama) but they'd probably be fine for him, as you can put in all three soakers if you need to (or two, if you find them too bulky like that). Even with all three in, they a little trimmer than a GM on the smallest setting, and I like that you can snap the rise down rather than just folding. And of course, they're more economical than sized fitteds as they'll go the distance. :wink:

Our most absorbent fitteds (and my favorite sized nappies) are probably our Holden's Landing and Flutterby Fluff, but these are my favorite OS fitteds. They come with minkee outers too, yum!

My avatar
Bobble Boy's Mum
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby Bobble Boy's Mum » Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:04 am

Ok thanks. Hmmm unsure now whether to spend that much on one nappy if it's not that amazing.

Findlay is on a continuous tube feed so is weeing almost constantly so I need something very absorbant but also diddy enough that it would fit a skinny newborn. If it is a pretty pattern then all the better as he can show it off in hospital over however many weeks he is in for.

So far I've just ordered a 5 pack of EP hemp boosters and a small Itti Bitti as I thought if that fits him well I could order more inserts for when he's just weed in it and I'm hopefully getting a WNNL and some Bambeasies from here.

The only nappies I've found that fit him like a glove are Weenotions with extra poppers to make the legs diddy enough which isn't very helpful when WN are shut at the moment :(

My avatar
Bobble Boy's Mum
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby Bobble Boy's Mum » Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:09 am

Thanks for your reply Rhead! :) Where Findlay is concerned trim fitting is what we like to hear! I might go for it then as he won't be on continuous tube feeds forever so he won't be wetting as heavily then. I'm desperate for a FF as I think I am the only person in the world who doesn't have one but I won't be able to stalk when she next has slots as I'm only here for overnight and hospital internet won't let me on anything grrr. Hospital internet obviously doesn't understand that long term patients need pretty fluff. Will have a look at HL nappies then and see if I can get hold of one.

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby megansmummy » Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:17 am

Sorry I meant to say that I hope Findlay gets out soon and your able to get him home again! :hug: If i had the pp funds then i would stalk FF for you when customs are open but i dont :( i dont have one either...

My avatar
rhead
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby rhead » Wed Aug 12, 2009 9:04 am

If you can find some preloved WNOSs, Suzanne (or another WAHM) could probably add the extra poppers for you?

I hope he's not in hospital too long! :hug: :hug: :hug:

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Wed Aug 12, 2009 1:33 pm

Gracie isn't a heavy wetter at all and unless I boost the nappies and out wool over them they don't last any time at all, they are however trim even with extra boosting. What about WN NL if you want a trim fitting fitted? xx

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat