hf1

Argh EBAY! WWYD?

My avatar
winniewheresmypooh
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Argh EBAY! WWYD?

Postby winniewheresmypooh » Wed Aug 12, 2009 12:41 pm

Just recieved a tots bots 'bamboozle' or so i thought but the label say 90% cotton so obviously not. The thing is i wouldn't have bought it if it had been advertised correctly.

I don't know whether to

-keep it and shut up (i don't use them often anyway)
-Ask for a partial refund
-Ask for a full refund and send it back.
-Sell it on to someone who does want cotton

Are cotton any good? Is it worth keeping? I haven't contacted the seller yet as i just dont know what to do.

Heres the listing.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110417151603&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

My avatar
winniewheresmypooh
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Re: Argh EBAY! WWYD?

Postby winniewheresmypooh » Wed Aug 12, 2009 5:20 pm

So I get to use the smiley!

:thread:

But seriously. Dont know whether to keep this or not. Leave good feedback or bad. Any advice welcome! :wink:

My avatar
Frances
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby Frances » Wed Aug 12, 2009 5:30 pm

I'd email the seller and ask for a full refund....I've heard that the cotton ones aren't that great so you might not get your money back by selling it on. Give him/her a chance to respond before leaving feedback.

My avatar
tanya
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby tanya » Wed Aug 12, 2009 5:55 pm

The cotton ones are nigh on useless. Bamboozles are much better - at least in size 1 :)

Contact the seller and try to arrange refund/return. If they don't agree, leave bad feedback and open a paypal dispute for misleading description.

My avatar
rhead
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby rhead » Wed Aug 12, 2009 6:48 pm

:-? TBH I was never that impressed with Bamboozles - our LL bamboo were waaaaay more absorbent, and better quality all around IMO. I had some cotton Tots and liked them fine, but the point is she told you you were buying a bamboo nappy and that's not what she supplied you with. You're perfectly within your rights to complain (i.e., you wouldn't have bid had you known it was a cotton rather than bamboo nappy) and either ask to send it back for a full refund (you could open an "item significantly not as described" dispute with Paypal) or ask her if she'd be willing to give you a partial refund (enough so you can be sure you'll recoup what you spent if you do want to sell it on).

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Wed Aug 12, 2009 6:51 pm

I agree with pps - ask for a full refund and return in and if she kicks up a fuss paypal dispute over the item description...

I do have some cotton tots and like them but they serve a specific purpose and I wouldn't trust them for any length of time...
I used a size2 to boost my night nappy the other night (basically put it on nippa'd over her bamboo night nappy!! :giggle: ) it worked well!
They're great 'just before bed' nappies when they need a nappy but it'll only be on an hour max...

My avatar
becsom
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby becsom » Wed Aug 12, 2009 6:54 pm

WTS

It was listed incorrectly (probably just a mistake on their part if they weren't familiar with the different types/fabrics) but that's their problem and shouldn't be yours.

I'd be very :evil: if it was me, but you ought to get your money back.

My avatar
winniewheresmypooh
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby winniewheresmypooh » Wed Aug 12, 2009 7:50 pm

Thanks all. Have done a lot of buying and selling on ebay and never had a problem before. A bit dubious about getting into dipute TBH. Still I will contact her tonight for a refund and go from there :wink:

My avatar
winniewheresmypooh
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Re: Argh EBAY! WWYD? Update

Postby winniewheresmypooh » Thu Aug 13, 2009 6:52 am

Full refund issued. No quible, she just did it so quite relieved! Thanks everyone. :D

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat