I want some *more* new nappies.....

My avatar
tanya
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

I want some *more* new nappies.....

Postby tanya » Wed Aug 12, 2009 1:06 pm

but I can't decide what to get.

They have to be side-snapping as nothing else fits my DD. They have to be really absorbant as she pees for England. Oh, and they have to be fitted nappies as we don't use anything else.

I've got Hollow Oaks, Jimmy Riddles and WNNLs coming out of my ears and want something different, but everywhere I look all I seem to find are front snapping fitteds.

I need more for 2 reasons:

1) I have been changing nappies every 2 hours today as she is soaking straight through them all, including the usually reliable Hollow Oaks and Jimmy Riddles.

2) I am not tumble drying them any more - well, just for 30 minutes to soften them up at the end - and don't have enough nappies to be able to wash every 3 days if I do this, particularly not in winter. I only have 29 fitteds for full-time nappying :shock:

Any suggestions?

Oh, and I've become a bit of a nappy tart recently. My entire stash is WAHM made, so no Tots etc please. OBV or pretty knit/woven outers :)

Don't ask much, do it? :P

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Re: I want some *more* new nappies.....

Postby megansmummy » Wed Aug 12, 2009 1:20 pm

Ems at puddlekins is doing a sidesnap nappy but im not sure on the absorbancy or when it will be back in stock as its out of stock on the website :-?

My avatar
tanya
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby tanya » Wed Aug 12, 2009 1:22 pm

megansmummy wrote:Ems at puddlekins is doing a sidesnap nappy but im not sure on the absorbancy or when it will be back in stock as its out of stock on the website :-?

I've been *impatiently* waiting for those for a while. I like the amount of boosters in the front snap one I tried, but it fell off Bella as the fit wasn't right :(

My avatar
Soupdragon
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby Soupdragon » Wed Aug 12, 2009 1:44 pm

I'm impatiently waiting to try the SS Puddlekins, too. :(

It's a shame that the HOs aren't working for you any more, Tanya. Ours isn't working for Iris - just not absorbent enough without boosting and enourmous on her if I boost. I was wondering if you wanted a swap ...?! :giggle:

My avatar
tanya
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby tanya » Wed Aug 12, 2009 3:16 pm

Soupdragon wrote:I'm impatiently waiting to try the SS Puddlekins, too. :(

It's a shame that the HOs aren't working for you any more, Tanya. Ours isn't working for Iris - just not absorbent enough without boosting and enourmous on her if I boost. I was wondering if you wanted a swap ...?! :giggle:

I wouldn't say they don't work - there are days when they are great, and there are days like today when nothing works, except maybe a Fluff n Stuff (forgot about them earlier).

What you got that you'd like to swap?! :giggle:

My avatar
happytails
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby happytails » Wed Aug 12, 2009 3:20 pm

have you tried a udss fitted in french soy? x

My avatar
tanya
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby tanya » Wed Aug 12, 2009 3:43 pm

happytails wrote:have you tried a udss fitted in french soy? x

I've heard great things about those, but unfortunately, pocket fitteds are another thing which doesn't work on Bella. She is a real PITA to find nappies for.

My avatar
Soupdragon
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby Soupdragon » Wed Aug 12, 2009 3:56 pm

The HO is waiting to be washed ATM. (It's a large.) I'll take a photo of it once it's clean and dry and PM it you. :)

My avatar
tanya
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby tanya » Wed Aug 12, 2009 5:58 pm

Soupdragon wrote:The HO is waiting to be washed ATM. (It's a large.) I'll take a photo of it once it's clean and dry and PM it you. :)

Do you want to swap for another HO from my stash or one of the other nappies I have?

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat