hf1

My personal opinion about cloth nappies

My avatar
g murphy
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Re: My personal opinion about cloth nappies

Postby g murphy » Sat Aug 15, 2009 10:14 am

OMG! :drama: I am new to cloth but i already find that Harry smells less and is not as sore! As a childcare provider I think you are paid to look after the children in any way that the parents decide, and if that includes changing cloth nappies then so be it.

Also 20 minutes to change a cloth nappy???!!! :pinocchio: My DP can do it in 2! nevermind me and we have only been using cloth about 2 months! and only on 1 baby. as some one who works in a nursery and has change far mor nappies that me you should be able to do it in at least the same time

My avatar
emmab
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby emmab » Sat Aug 15, 2009 10:26 am

I think PP have answered your lame excuses so I am not going to repeat them. i do think you posted to cause a reaction & I think the reactions are FAB, they show fantastic reasons for using cloth so that anyone with half a brain who reads this thread will immediately want to use cloth nappies so THANKYOU VERY MUCH for that.

Oh & i am so glad that my child doesn't go to your nursery as i wouldn't want my child looked after by someone who is sooooo uninformed about such issues, I converted late to cloth but wish i had done so earlier as using them is so easy & there is so much choice out there it makes it fun for mum's. My little boy started toilet training at just over 2 & is now in CLOTH training pants, my 1st son who wasn't in cloth wasn't toilet trained until he was nearly 3.

Thanks again for your post I hope you read the these comments.

My avatar
emmalala
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby emmalala » Sat Aug 15, 2009 10:32 am

WTF? :shock: this woman is clearly deluded and reading very out of date information. god, people like this p**s me right off. how ignorant can you be?
20 mins to change a cloth nappy :shock: :pinocchio: :pinocchio: yeah, right. even when i was folding terrys and nipping them it took me only 3 mins max. the ones i use now take no longer than disps.
which, by the way, smell a hell of a lot worse than cloth. probably the chemicals in them. i always thought he'd pooed but he had'nt, it was the yucky chemicals.
:x :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

My avatar
victoriaw
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby victoriaw » Sat Aug 15, 2009 11:39 am

I think everything has been said that can be. I sure as h*ll won't be sending my child to your nursery with such poor attitude to customer service though :roll:

My avatar
indigosky2k
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby indigosky2k » Sat Aug 15, 2009 12:52 pm

emmalala wrote: 20 mins to change a cloth nappy :shock: :pinocchio: :pinocchio: yeah, right. even when i was folding terrys and nipping them it took me only 3 mins max. the ones i use now take no longer than disps.
which, by the way, smell a hell of a lot worse than cloth. probably the chemicals in them. i always thought he'd pooed but he had'nt, it was the yucky chemicals.
:x :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

WSS. I was using just terries when I first started with cloth, up until my baby was about 3 months old and I started to actively use this wonderful site and meet such lovely helpful parents, and I don't see how it can possible take 20 mins to change a nappy. I'd fold my terries for the day and I'd say it took no longer to change them than the disposables I used on my baby as a newborn. Apart from the fact I had a very wriggly baby so it didn't matter what kind of nappy I was using it would take ages to change as she just wouldn't keep still. And as for the smell, sposies make me heave every time I use them and they stink in the bin more than my cloth do in the nappy bucket :puke: :puke:
I think everyone has made really valid points and can't believe that someone so obviuosly anti-cloth, would post on a cloth nappy forum and run. Obviously she's scared of us :hohoho: :hohoho: :hohoho:
And I'm under the belief that cloth nappies actually help children PT earlier. Studies show that since the invention of disposables children potty train upto 12 months later than they did in the days when all children were in cloth diapers.

I suppose this person if anti-breastfeeding in public too :x :x

My avatar
0_Lisa_0
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby 0_Lisa_0 » Sat Aug 15, 2009 1:20 pm

Can I just say Mr. Clothmama is officially top of my hero's list, hilarious!!!!!! I HATE people who try to fight a corner with bad argument, when they really haven't bothered to find out enough to know what they are talking about!!
Mr.Clothmama I salute you :wink: :hohoho:

My avatar
Pinchette
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby Pinchette » Sat Aug 15, 2009 1:29 pm

Velvetsteph wrote:time to add a few new smileys? ;)

:hohoho: :hohoho:
0_Lisa_0 wrote:Can I just say Mr. Clothmama is officially top of my hero's list, Mr.Clothmama I salute you :wink: :hohoho:

And me. Image

As for Nursery-nurse, take that: Image

My avatar
0_Lisa_0
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby 0_Lisa_0 » Sat Aug 15, 2009 1:32 pm

Pinchette wrote:As for Nursery-nurse, take that:

:hohoho: :hohoho: :hohoho:

My avatar
jan3182001