My personal opinion about cloth nappies

My avatar
charlibunny
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Re: My personal opinion about cloth nappies

Postby charlibunny » Sun Aug 16, 2009 12:44 pm

Nothing much more i can add.

When Sophie went for her consult appointment about her hips the consultant said her cloth nappies have corrected her hip problem and are much better for childrens pelvic development and well done to me so NER NER NER NER NER (sorry that was childish)

I was cloth bummed and so was my brother and my husband and we all walk fine. Infac my husband was scouted to be a proff rugby player and was a fireman for 6 years so he certinaly has no problems running etc :hohoho:

My avatar
0_Lisa_0
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby 0_Lisa_0 » Sun Aug 16, 2009 12:48 pm

charlibunny wrote:NER NER NER NER NER (sorry that was childish)

:hohoho: :hohoho: :hohoho: :hohoho:

My avatar
homeinheart
Clothie
Clothie

Postby homeinheart » Sun Aug 16, 2009 1:04 pm

Wow! This post was so interesting I just had to join. Before I started using cloth I was one of those very uninformed individuals. I thought that they were messy, took tons of time, etc...Well I will bite my tongue now for ever saying that they were yucky and too much work. I have recently started using cloth on my twins and my only regret is that I didn't start until they were 1. I missed out on the whole first year that I could have been using cloth on them. Changing the cloth diaper is a snap and that is even with a fitted and wrap(which happen to be my favorites so far)! With the pockets and aio's it's even quicker. Definately doesn't take me any longer than with disposables. My twins do not walk with bowed out legs either, though they do look absolutely adorable in them!

My avatar
indigosky2k
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby indigosky2k » Sun Aug 16, 2009 3:39 pm

Well both DH and I were cloth diaped, and my sisters 3 boy all were too. That was with terries and pins and none of us have any hip problems. Also my friends cloth bummed DD is almost ready to start walking at 8 months so :-P

In fact watching my sister use cloth all those years ago (her youngest is almost 18, don't tell him I said all those years ago :giggle: ) is the reason I knew I'd use cloth and why I'm comfortable with using terries. I was folding and pinning terries on my nephew when I was 8 years old and all my dolls wore terries too. :mrgreen: The only thing I will say is: Thank God for Nippas :giggle: Kacie's so wriggly I'm sure she'd have been stuck with a pin before now.

My avatar
jennyjanesharp
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby jennyjanesharp » Sun Aug 16, 2009 11:00 pm

:x :x :x

Its people like this that shouldn't be able to call themselves a nursery nurse and bring shame to my profession.

I'm completely gobsmacked.

And i'm disappointed she had the nerve to post a comment like this and not stick around for the replies and a healthy well informed discussion.

That simply shows cowardice and ignorance

:evil:

My avatar
caeganol
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby caeganol » Mon Aug 17, 2009 12:54 am

My God!! What a nutter!!
Well done CNT girls.
Great reply.
xxx
sukhi

My avatar
emmalala
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby emmalala » Mon Aug 17, 2009 1:33 am

jennyjanesharp wrote::x :x :x

Its people like this that shouldn't be able to call themselves a nursery nurse and bring shame to my profession.

I'm completely gobsmacked.

And i'm disappointed she had the nerve to post a comment like this and not stick around for the replies and a healthy well informed discussion.

That simply shows cowardice and ignorance

:evil:

WSS :)

My avatar
oriel
Clothie
Clothie

Postby oriel » Wed Aug 19, 2009 11:33 am

While I agree that Nursery Nurse is not only uninformed but rather sad to start such a thread without any intention of reading the replies, I don't think she said that it takes 20 minutes to change a nappy. She said that she wanted to put children on the potty 'every 20 minutes' (how that's going to help anything I don't know – my Sweetie can go hours between pees) and that it took 'just as long' (as sitting on the potty) to put the nappy back on again.

I suppose if the poor things are being put on the potty every twenty minutes then they'll start jumping straight back off again, so I suppose it might be true that it takes 'just as long'. :wink:

My avatar
jennyjanesharp
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby jennyjanesharp » Wed Aug 19, 2009 11:38 am

WSS??!!

PreviousNext

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat