No washing machine till monday!

My avatar
winniewheresmypooh
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

No washing machine till monday!

Postby winniewheresmypooh » Sun Aug 16, 2009 8:24 am

:(

Washing machine died yesterday (after doing my first maintenance wash :-? think it was too hot for it too cope with!) So am without till tomorrow. Luckily we hadn't got round to selling my Dads since he died so just have to pick it up from storage.

Lucas is in 'sposies cos I don't have a nappy bin. they all just go straight in the machine. Have taken the last lot round to my mums to be washed but with nowhere to store dirty nappies it has to be 'sposies. :(

Last nights one leaked. This mornings one stinks! Didn't quite believe when everyone said how bad they were! :oops:

My avatar
bryc1
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Re: No washing machine till monday!

Postby bryc1 » Sun Aug 16, 2009 8:41 am

Oh no, that is one thing that I am concerened about as mine is out of warrenty and has stated doing freaky things :roll: . Hope tonights doesn't leak.

My avatar
winniewheresmypooh
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby winniewheresmypooh » Sun Aug 16, 2009 8:46 am

me too. :giggle: It waa on for about 10hours but i dont think it is unreasonable to expect a huggies to last that long! :|

My avatar
rachel
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby rachel » Sun Aug 16, 2009 8:50 am

A few months ago I was without my machine for 2 weeks...it was awful. It was hard enough keeping on top of regular washing let alone nappies, so Evie was in sposies. Like you said, they had leaked by morning, so we had to wash grobags and vests etc. Hope you get it sorted soon :D

My avatar
greenferret
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby greenferret » Sun Aug 16, 2009 8:54 am

:hug: hope you get sorted soon

My avatar
winniewheresmypooh
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby winniewheresmypooh » Sun Aug 16, 2009 9:15 am

Just wondering if the maintenance wash did it. It died the very next wash. :oops: Maybe 90 wash to much for the poor, very old, dear. :giggle:

My avatar
rhead
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby rhead » Sun Aug 16, 2009 10:12 am

:giggle:

A lot of people just use a small garbage bin with a swing-lid for nappies, you could probably pick one up from a pound shop or somewhere. How do you live without a nappy bucket??? :lol:

My avatar
winniewheresmypooh
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby winniewheresmypooh » Sun Aug 16, 2009 11:41 am

I wash EVERYTHING together. Clothes, nappies, whites and colours. So nappies go straight in the machine untill I have enough clothes to top up the load. That way I NEVER have to touch nappies used 2 or 3 days ago. :puke:

Don't notice any smell when I put another one in either. :D

My avatar
rhead
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby rhead » Sun Aug 16, 2009 12:27 pm

Ah yes... I've perfected the "chuck the contents of the bucket into the front-loading washing machine" technique to avoid touching them, and I always keep the wraps/pockets separate to use to push the nappies further into the drum if necessary :giggle:. Mind, DH's clothes are usually grosser than the dirty nappies :roll:.

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat