hf1

Tell me about wraps please?

My avatar
lkim13
Clothie
Clothie

Tell me about wraps please?

Postby lkim13 » Sun Aug 16, 2009 11:21 am

I started off my stash of nappies with just tots bots and the plain wraps until i found this site. Now i have loads of pretty girly nappies hello kitty etc and pretty sure i can just stuff any boosters in and go for trial and error with that side of things but what about wraps? Do i have to use them? as the nappies are too pretty lol whats the worse that can happen (wet clothes?) could i get away with reg changing instead or would i be better off picking a few pretty wraps?

thanks

My avatar
rhead
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Re: Tell me about wraps please?

Postby rhead » Sun Aug 16, 2009 11:34 am

You'll probably want to have some wraps on hand for going out (wool or PUL), but if you're vigilant you don't really need to use a wrap around the home. I used to think it was crazy talk but I sometimes let DD go coverless around the house these days, as it does seem a shame to cover up her pretty fitteds. If your LO wets heavily or often it's probably not such a hot idea, but if not you can just check for dampness now and again and change her a little more often than you might if you were using a wrap (i.e. usually after one wee instead of two or three).

It seems like more of a summer thing to me - if you're going to cover them up with clothes anyway you might as well put a wrap on for security. You still get to enjoy the nappies when you change them and while they're hung up to dry, and you can get wraps that are just as pretty. :wink:

My avatar
lkim13
Clothie
Clothie

Postby lkim13 » Sun Aug 16, 2009 6:08 pm

Thanks loads i'll prob look for a couple of nice ones to go with the white ones then although she's prob going to have tights on with the dresses anyway so wont see them.

My avatar
rhead
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby rhead » Sun Aug 16, 2009 6:52 pm

lkim13 wrote:Thanks loads i'll prob look for a couple of nice ones to go with the white ones then although she's prob going to have tights on with the dresses anyway so wont see them.

Ah, but you can use Babylegs/legwarmers instead (no issues with fitting over a cloth nappy or leaks, and don't have to be taken off at every change) :wink:

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat