hf1

do goodmamas go small?

My avatar
babyjjbaby
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

do goodmamas go small?

Postby babyjjbaby » Sun Aug 16, 2009 10:07 pm

just about to order one but they look huge for a one size nappy :-?

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Re: do goodmamas go small?

Postby megansmummy » Mon Aug 17, 2009 5:56 am

Yes the front folds down to reveal another set of poppers inside and you use those to make the rise smaller :) They fit fine on my son from about 8 weeks old!

HTH :)

My avatar
babyjjbaby
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby babyjjbaby » Mon Aug 17, 2009 7:13 am

ok thanks now i don't know weather to have goodmamas or puddlekins lol

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby megansmummy » Mon Aug 17, 2009 7:17 am

I have both :)

My avatar
babyjjbaby
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby babyjjbaby » Mon Aug 17, 2009 7:27 am

oh do you mind telling me a couple of pros and cons of each please

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby megansmummy » Mon Aug 17, 2009 7:36 am

OK well i love them both, just had 6 more goodmamas delivered and have 13 puddlekins on the way so obviously i like them both :giggle:

Goodmamas~
Pros~
really squishy, soft and i love all the different fabrics to choose from, i have a mix of plain OBV ones and print outters with OBV/OBC inners, the tabs are super stretchy and the nappy fits both my 3 months old and almost 3 year old very nicely!

Cons~
the fact that both the soakers inside are stitched together at the top means that its all or nothing, sometimes I think i would only need one but you dont get that choice. The snaps are exposed when you have it on the larger setting so they are agaisnt the skin, I dont really have a problem with that. They are based in the USA so shipping costs must be taken into account although a couple of Uk sites stock them. If its important to you then consider the airmiles etc.

Puddlekins~
Pros~
Lovely knit prints or minkee outters, I have a minkee outter one and its super soft and lovely, i have 10 print outter day fitteds on order (and 3 cotton sherpa night nappies)...! there is a HUGE range available on the website for you to customise your nappy making it affordable to you...i like the all OBV ones but i needed alot of nappies and couldnt afford all OBV and so went for fleece inner...it took a fair bit of money off the total which made it better for me. Ems is great to work with and really flexible. The soakers come stitched together like the goodmamas do but i emailed and asked if she could do them seperatly for all of mine so that I can use one if I want or both if needed!
I like that these are made by a WAHM in this country and if there is any problems (which i doubt) I dont have to send them back to the USA.
The nappy fits both my kids nicely!
A little cheaper than GM's (alot if you choose cheaper fabrics so if money is a consideration then you deffinatly have more choice here!)

Cons~
They are a little wider in the croth than GM's but you can ask for the slim jim version. The tabs arnt quite so stretchy as the GM's.

Hope that helps!! :D

My avatar
babyjjbaby
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby babyjjbaby » Mon Aug 17, 2009 7:49 am

thanks for that have decided on a puddlekins lol wonder when the shop will be open again

My avatar
gayleygoo
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby gayleygoo » Mon Aug 17, 2009 11:48 am

For a smaller baby, Id go for the GMs. My puddlekins nappy is huge, even on my 2 year old! I couldn't see it fitting a newborn :-? I got 6 GMs when they were in the sale, and including shipping they worked out cheaper than puddlekins!

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat