Dilemma - sort of ;)

My avatar
tanya
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Dilemma - sort of ;)

Postby tanya » Mon Aug 17, 2009 8:57 am

Hmmm, dilemma.

DH has been making comments about lots of new nappies recently :oops: and now I'm about to order 3 more Guerillafluff. I also want to try some of Ems new side snap day nappies (it would be rude not to) and I really want a couple more Dunk N Fluff as they are gorgeous. All in all adding up to maybe 6, 7 or 8 new nappies :oops:

I could sell our WNNL. They don't fit too well unfortunatly as they are big, and for the absorbancy level, they are actually quite bulky (especially compared to Guerillafluff and Dunk N Fluff).

My dilemma is one of them is the gorgeous nappy fairy I received from the lovely Claire - which I am :oops: to admit is probably the worst fitting of them all as I think the sizing changed. I honestly love it, but it really doesn't fit.

What would you do?

My avatar
Pinchette
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Re: Dilemma - sort of ;)

Postby Pinchette » Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:03 am

Well, there's no use in keeping a nappy that you can't use is there. I know what you mean about selling on a fairy nappy. I've not done it yet but will do soon as Kiara is now potty trained in the day.
I wouldn't personnally be upset if someone sold a nappy I had offered them as a fairy present as I know that los grow up, their shapes change and it's better to pass it now while it still has some life in it and could benefit another lo.
:hug:

My avatar
Frances
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby Frances » Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:05 am

I'd sell them! If you're buying nappies that fit, and that you'll get plenty of use of it, then it makes sense. I'm sure Claire won't mind, especially if you show off the replacement nappy you were able to buy with the funds from the fairy nappy.

My avatar
Allie
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Thankyou Moderators :)

Postby Allie » Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:10 am

I wouldn't have a problem with someone selling on a nappy fairy gift. I've done it in the past as things have been grown out of :D

My avatar
0_Lisa_0
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby 0_Lisa_0 » Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:14 am

WTS no point keeping around what you can't/ don't use :mrgreen:

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:21 am

Of the nappy fairies I've received I've only ever sold one... But that was because it was one of the things I'd said we didn't want :roll: so I felt justified in selling it to get something we did want and that worked for us...

If you think she will grow into it in future then keep it - don't forget how they change shape...

OTOH no point in keeping a nappy that doesn't work especially one that will sell well...

My avatar
tanya
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby tanya » Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:25 am

They are just about useable, but certainly not the first nappies I reach for.

Hmm, I have put them up for sale. If I have any interest, I will sell it. If it hasn't sold after a couple of days, I will keep it.

My avatar
bryc1
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby bryc1 » Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:46 am

IMO I think you have done the right thing, I would not be upset if you sold a gift if it was no longer being used.

My avatar
rhead
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby rhead » Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:57 am

I agree, I haven't done a nappy fairy (too worried about giving someone something they don't like, lol) but I wouldn't be offended if they sold their present, not every nappy works for every baby and at least they could use the funds to get something they DO love, AND I'd know the gift had made its way to someone who would really love it rather than gathering dust. :wink:

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat