hf1

Anyone elses postie come after lunch?

My avatar
gayleygoo
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Re: Anyone elses postie come after lunch?

Postby gayleygoo » Wed Aug 19, 2009 1:33 pm

Our postie has woken me up the last few mornings!! Which is very unusual as post didnt usualy come until after lunch, sometimes nearly tea-time! Ive noticed we have a different postie now though, it used to be a woman who did ours, so they obviously are just doing their route a different way round. DP says he sometimes likes to change his own route around just to vary his day :giggle:

Depending on the work your postie has to do, they might do all the local businesses and schools first (as they like to get their post early), do Special Deliveries all first, then their normal post round. DP often doesnt get started his normal 4 hours (ahem, actually 6 hour IRL) post run until midday!

Then of course alot of the bigger packets will be done by a separate van, and here that used to be the job of one postie but now its shared among the ones who have a normal route, so the "packet van" usually doesnt even get going until after 2pm! :x

My avatar
MaryMoon
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby MaryMoon » Wed Aug 19, 2009 1:58 pm

Ours is never here until after lunch which took some getting used to as before we moved we always had post by 9am. Apparently though our postie has a few tea and cake stops on his round (although I don't think they are allowed to really but living in the country I think he can get away with it) also everyone likes to chat to the postie so it isn't surprising he is so late :giggle:

My avatar
Soupdragon
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby Soupdragon » Wed Aug 19, 2009 2:22 pm

Ours has just been! And he brought a Sweetiebums nappy and my Luscious Little Somethings order; wool interlock, with a free skein of wool and a card showing the different colours. :wine:

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Wed Aug 19, 2009 5:19 pm

Ours usually comes at about 11am and if I am out the parcels get left in the garage sometimes with a note saying "nappies in garage"

My avatar
babyroo
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby babyroo » Wed Aug 19, 2009 7:30 pm

well I didn't get anything today :( I'm waiting for loads of wool and want a parcel :x :x :x

My avatar
AnnetteandBen
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby AnnetteandBen » Wed Aug 19, 2009 7:43 pm

The postie normally comes at about 10.30. The other day I came home for lunch and had post on the door mat and then I had another delivery of letters at about 4pm - like the old days of 2 deliveries :wink:

My avatar
paintedclaws
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby paintedclaws » Wed Aug 19, 2009 7:56 pm

Our postie usually delivers at 10.30-11am but on weekends it can be anywhere from 8am to 11am but i have had post be delivered at 2.30pm before.

Parcelforce always deliver at silly times, usually when i'm still asleep.

I've had fluffy post everyday so far this week. HL's, HO, SS and JR's :wine:

My avatar
happytails
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby happytails » Wed Aug 19, 2009 8:55 pm

Kirstyh wrote:Ours usually comes at about 11am and if I am out the parcels get left in the garage sometimes with a note saying "nappies in garage"

:giggle: :giggle: :giggle:

Previous

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat