Recommend me a fitted to try....

My avatar
happytails
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Recommend me a fitted to try....

Postby happytails » Thu Aug 20, 2009 9:13 am

We already have WNNL, Goodmamas, Bumhuggers, HL fitteds, Flutterby fluff

Didnt get on with Hollow oak day nappies particularly well :-?

Upsy daisy arent stocking custom fitteds yet

Thinking i want to try a puddlekins - but then there is front snap or side snap?? We get a really good fit with our GM front snapping but i usually prefer ss? :x

Any other suggestions? Love OBV too :wink: so preferably something OBV

Ta guys! x

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Re: Recommend me a fitted to try....

Postby megansmummy » Thu Aug 20, 2009 9:35 am

I was going to suggest a puddlekins...cant help you with the fs or ss though as i hate ss nappies :giggle: I have a couple OBV puddlekins and love them...

My avatar
happytails
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby happytails » Thu Aug 20, 2009 9:52 am

megansmummy wrote:I was going to suggest a puddlekins...cant help you with the fs or ss though as i hate ss nappies :giggle: I have a couple OBV puddlekins and love them...

What is the absorbancy like compared to other fitteds?

My avatar
2climbingboys
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby 2climbingboys » Thu Aug 20, 2009 9:54 am

I have just got some muttaqins with BV inners that seem lovely and lasted 2 and a half hours this morning without a prewash.

When UD are doing customs again - I have a few of those with microfleece inners and 1 with BV inner and they are good. The soy ones I have are more absorbent than the bamboo one.

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby megansmummy » Thu Aug 20, 2009 9:56 am

happytails wrote:
megansmummy wrote:I was going to suggest a puddlekins...cant help you with the fs or ss though as i hate ss nappies :giggle: I have a couple OBV puddlekins and love them...

Well i think they are pretty good...we easily gt 3-4 hours during the day...prob longer if i left it...For us i would say they are of similar absorbancy to GM's (which we also love) maybe even a bit better but then i know some people dont rate the absorbancy of those...so its hard to say :-?

My avatar
happytails
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby happytails » Thu Aug 20, 2009 10:20 am

megansmummy wrote:
happytails wrote:

Well i think they are pretty good...we easily gt 3-4 hours during the day...prob longer if i left it...For us i would say they are of similar absorbancy to GM's (which we also love) maybe even a bit better but then i know some people dont rate the absorbancy of those...so its hard to say :-?

I love our GMs, them and the HL fitted are our most absorbent day nappies :) Think i might go for a puddlekins but still non the wiser whether i should get FS or SS. lol

2climbingboys wrote:I have just got some muttaqins with BV inners that seem lovely and lasted 2 and a half hours this morning without a prewash.

When UD are doing customs again - I have a few of those with microfleece inners and 1 with BV inner and they are good. The soy ones I have are more absorbent than the bamboo one.

I will have a look at mutts now! We really get on with our French soy UD night nappies so think we would love the fitteds too!

xx

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby megansmummy » Thu Aug 20, 2009 10:24 am

happytails wrote:

I love our GMs, them and the HL fitted are our most absorbent day nappies :) Think i might go for a puddlekins but still non the wiser whether i should get FS or SS. lol

Hmmm what about one of each?! :mrgreen: (its easy for me to say but DH would kill me...although im waiting on my order of puddlekins...10 day fitteds and 3 night nappies...so hubbs would kill me if i spent 50p on anything nappy related at the moment!! Especially after my 6 GMs turned up last week! :giggle: )

My avatar
happytails
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby happytails » Thu Aug 20, 2009 10:33 am

megansmummy wrote:
happytails wrote:

Hmmm what about one of each?! :mrgreen: (its easy for me to say but DH would kill me...although im waiting on my order of puddlekins...10 day fitteds and 3 night nappies...so hubbs would kill me if i spent 50p on anything nappy related at the moment!! Especially after my 6 GMs turned up last week! :giggle: )

I have spent quite alot last week on nappies and wool, only got enough PP for one lol might do a poll and go off that :hohoho: :wink:

I had mainly fitteds when DD was a NB then i swapped to all pockets and sold every fitted (silly me!) and now ive gotten into wool i love love love fitteds now! Ive slowly built up to 9 fitteds lol without DP noticing the PP tooo much LOL but wool is a killer on the bank balance, we have 8 woollens now. The rest are night nappies and pockets - i really should sell some more pockets but i loooove them all so much and they were all customs, so difficult to part with :cry:

My avatar
Soupdragon
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Site Supporter

Postby Soupdragon » Thu Aug 20, 2009 12:43 pm

Fitted nappies I own are:

HL - OBV
WN NL
HO (I need to sell this, it’s just not absorbent enough for Iris :( )
Harmony (a French WAHM – don’t think she’s making them ATM)
Rockstar Babywear – love this! - OBV
Kiwi Pie (needs a fair bit of boosting) - OBV
Patchwork Pixie (also needs quite a bit of boosting) - OBV
FF - OBV
Sweetiebums – love these, too! - OBV
GM - OBV
JR- OBV
Fussybutt (not feeling the love for) - OBV
Dunk N Fluff – fab! Last a long time, even with my heavy wetter. - OBV

I also have a couple of Guerilla Fluff and a Puddlekins SS on order. Also OBV.

We like OBV. :giggle:

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat