Recommend me a fitted to try....

My avatar
Soupdragon
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Site Supporter

Re: Recommend me a fitted to try....

Postby Soupdragon » Sun Aug 23, 2009 11:30 am

Sorry Kirsty, I've only just seen your reply. :oops: I took the HO to the Newcastle meet and sold it up there.

My avatar
ems
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby ems » Sun Aug 30, 2009 8:50 am

Right I just bought a goodmamas, its awful! Theay have really gone downhill since I bought any new ones. The stitching on the leg came apart .. the poppers are never going to last... they all look like they have been have crushed with snap pliers, almost like they have been melted. One of them is cracked through too. Terrible nappy! It did look lovely when it came.. only a few days ago.. its not een been through the wash yet. I'm sending it back to Cloth Bums R us, and swapping it hopefully for itii's instaead.
I bought another one last yr, direct from goodmamas. It had a missing snap on the wing.. not just broken, but completely missing! Not even a hole where it might have been. I'm still augueing now with them, over a yr later !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nope, Good mamas are not for me anymore, they may be cute.. but in the lasdt couple of yrs when it got HUGE, what used to be a well made nappy by suzanne and a few of her friends, is now a mass produced diaper made by god knows who, and its bad quality is hidden behind a trendy name and a I've got to have it type of crusade.

I will now only buy used goodmamas. not new ones, if any at all!

My avatar
happytails
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby happytails » Sun Aug 30, 2009 8:59 am

ems wrote:Right I just bought a goodmamas, its awful! Theay have really gone downhill since I bought any new ones. The stitching on the leg came apart .. the poppers are never going to last... they all look like they have been have crushed with snap pliers, almost like they have been melted. One of them is cracked through too. Terrible nappy! It did look lovely when it came.. only a few days ago.. its not een been through the wash yet. I'm sending it back to Cloth Bums R us, and swapping it hopefully for itii's instaead.
I bought another one last yr, direct from goodmamas. It had a missing snap on the wing.. not just broken, but completely missing! Not even a hole where it might have been. I'm still augueing now with them, over a yr later !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nope, Good mamas are not for me anymore, they may be cute.. but in the lasdt couple of yrs when it got HUGE, what used to be a well made nappy by suzanne and a few of her friends, is now a mass produced diaper made by god knows who, and its bad quality is hidden behind a trendy name and a I've got to have it type of crusade.

Thats awful! WE have 2 Goodmamas and i havent had any problems with them but i hoping i will fall in love with your nappies, i did with your CSP, so i can buy loads of nice fitteds, UK wahm made :mrgreen:

Cant wait until ours arrives in the post! x

My avatar
sarahlou
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby sarahlou » Sun Aug 30, 2009 10:27 am

Bububebe here as well. I have a Puddlekins and a D&F on order too :wine:

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby megansmummy » Sun Aug 30, 2009 11:13 am

ems wrote:Right I just bought a goodmamas, its awful! Theay have really gone downhill since I bought any new ones. The stitching on the leg came apart .. the poppers are never going to last... they all look like they have been have crushed with snap pliers, almost like they have been melted. One of them is cracked through too. Terrible nappy! It did look lovely when it came.. only a few days ago.. its not een been through the wash yet. I'm sending it back to Cloth Bums R us, and swapping it hopefully for itii's instaead.

i have heard very similar stories lately...i love my goodmamas and havent ever had a problem with them (touches wood)...but i agree with the mass producing thing...thats why i love my puddlekins :mrgreen:

My avatar
Heather London
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby Heather London » Sun Aug 30, 2009 11:45 am

Clwt Twts are lovely. They did take a break but should be making again soon: *http://www.clwt-twt.co.uk*

My avatar
happytails
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby happytails » Sun Aug 30, 2009 1:55 pm

Well, whilst im waiting on my puddlekins i got my mitts on 2 dunk n fluff nappies which i love, and have 2 on the co-op too :wink:

Cant wait for my puddlekins, hoping i will love it and can order some more.

Might try a bububebe too! x

My avatar
Pinchette
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby Pinchette » Sun Aug 30, 2009 2:24 pm

Jimmy Riddles!!!!!!

http://www.jimmy-riddles.co.uk/

Babybufters but I'm not sure if Hannah still makes them.

Luxe baby diapers are lovely day nappies but again, I don't know if she still makes them.

Previous

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat