hf1

0rdered S0me B00sters

My avatar
jules070603
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby jules070603 » Mon Nov 12, 2007 7:06 pm

Rae wrote:I've ordered some too, and they were suppose to be dispatched on the 19th Oct, but they never arrived. Apparently there have been some problems with post on their end. They re-sent the boosters, and I hope they arrive soon.

:o I h0pe mine d0n't take that l0ng!!! I am seri0usly in need 0f them!!!

My avatar
MelnJJ
Clothie
Clothie

Postby MelnJJ » Fri Nov 16, 2007 4:08 pm

clothmama wrote:I've made 90% of my hemp boosters myself (and I'm a rubbish sewer!!) very easy and I got about 8 boosters from a metre of hemp which cost me £8 inc post from babeco! Well worth doing if you can sew!

Hiya,

I've been pondering making my own, I bought a couple of the easy peasy ones recently and they work brilliantly with a fuzzi insert. 8 for £8 sounds like fab value, how many layers did you make them Tory?

Mel
x

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Fri Nov 16, 2007 5:08 pm

Hi Mel, I made mine based on the Ella's House Hemp ones, they are a long insert of 2 layers that you then fold in 1/2 to make 4 layers - they dry really quickly too. I'm trying to make more at the moment and my old machine is really struggling even with 2 layers (made my last lot with mils machine!) so I'm not sure 6 would be that feasible without an overlocker!

My avatar
MelnJJ
Clothie
Clothie

Postby MelnJJ » Fri Nov 16, 2007 7:12 pm

Ooh, I hadnt even thought of the fact that the machine might not cope with too many layers! I don't actually have a machine, was gonna borrow my mum's, so I definitely don't want to break that or I'll be in trouble!

I do like the design of the EH one though, unfolding to reduce drying time would be a big bonus as my 2 EP ones do take some time to dry on the airer so I only get to use them every 3 or 4 days which is not nearly as much as I'd like. So if I were to make the EH style with 3 layers, that'd make 5 with a little bit left over by my calculations (which are not great at this time of the day and after a glass of wine hehe) so still works out cheaper.

What is the material like for fraying? If it doesnt fray too bad, I could possibly roughly sew them together by hand with a sort of blanket stitch, do you think that would work?

Thanks for all the help, getting excited at the prospect now hehe.

Mel
x

My avatar
ericaj1
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby ericaj1 » Fri Nov 16, 2007 8:36 pm

Mel I sewed mine by hand and they haven't frayed at all.

My avatar
MelnJJ
Clothie
Clothie

Postby MelnJJ » Sat Nov 17, 2007 5:42 pm

Thanks Erica, sorry I just realised you did say that already in an earlier post; baby-brain strikes again! :oops:

Think I'll give it a go then :)

Mel
x

My avatar
Rae
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby Rae » Sat Nov 17, 2007 7:30 pm

jules070603 wrote:
Rae wrote:I've ordered some too, and they were suppose to be dispatched on the 19th Oct, but they never arrived. Apparently there have been some problems with post on their end. They re-sent the boosters, and I hope they arrive soon.

:o I h0pe mine d0n't take that l0ng!!! I am seri0usly in need 0f them!!!

Mine finally arrived on sat, yeah!!! (I think they were the second set she sent, goodness knows what happened to the first lot).

My avatar
jules070603
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby jules070603 » Sat Nov 24, 2007 12:16 pm

00000h, mine have c0me. I am very impressed.

They are in the wash n0w, I'll give them 3 washes and then they are in use. A g00d size and very g00d value f0r money as a few pe0ple have said. May 0rder s0me m0re.

Previous

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat