hf1

Bounty as a nappy liner?

My avatar
Shevi
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Bounty as a nappy liner?

Postby Shevi » Tue Nov 13, 2007 5:04 pm

hi all, this morning in my pile of washed flushable liners i found a sheet of bounty (or some other kitchen towel) which had been thru the wash and was still completely intact! do you think they would work as nappy liners? (if cut to the right shape)
was amazed it hadn't disintergrated in the wash

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Tue Nov 13, 2007 5:35 pm

Wow - that's pretty impressive! There is only one thing to do Shevi, test it tomorrow and let us know!!!!!! :D :D :wink:

My avatar
Shevi
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby Shevi » Tue Nov 13, 2007 5:45 pm

they are cheaper and softer than nappy liners i think...tho i haven't bought either in a while, as i tend to do 'bulk buying'

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Tue Nov 13, 2007 6:24 pm

Well the liners are probably made form a not dissimilar stuff. My only concern would be bleaches ect that would be in the bounty and not in nappy liners.

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Tue Nov 13, 2007 8:35 pm

And does wee actually go through them?

My avatar
Shevi
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby Shevi » Tue Nov 13, 2007 8:39 pm

i used one by mistake today...and no leaks, no rash (tho it had been 'prewashed') just doing a nappy wash now, and unfortunately it didn't survive a 2nd go in the machine (i have liners that are on their 3 or 4th turns)
will try agin tommorrow, may not have even been bounty, as i usually buy tescos's equivilant, and only to proper stuff if there is a deal...but then i take them out the packets to store in my cupboard!!

My avatar
Jenni&Babes
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby Jenni&Babes » Sun Nov 18, 2007 9:43 pm

Lol! I'd imagine they absorb the wee though? Aren't they the ones with the 'thirst pockets'??!!

I'm assuming you only wash the liners that haven't been pooed on? I've washed them by mistake and was impressed that they wash so well! Think I'll start washing the 'clean' ones but if it's been pooed on it is being flushed lol! :lol:

My avatar
Shevi
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby Shevi » Sun Nov 18, 2007 10:10 pm

yup, pooey ones get flushed, but weed ones go in the bucket...mostly so i dont have to have 2 bins in the room!!!

My avatar
Jenni&Babes
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby Jenni&Babes » Sun Nov 18, 2007 10:14 pm

I will follow your good example and do the same from now on. Although it's rare they don't get pooed on because I only use them when I know Flynn is going to poo and he rarely disappoints! :lol:

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat