hf1

Bounty as a nappy liner?

My avatar
Amanda
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby Amanda » Sun Nov 18, 2007 10:22 pm

Oh I wash pooey liners too! Used to flush them til they blocked the main drain shared by us and next door neighbours. Fortunately next door have insurance for that kind of thing and it was them who called the emergency plumber. Once he checked and found out it was our problem he really should've charged us the full amount, but thankfully he did it for £30 - a quick and easy little bonus for him I guess! Since then, I've just dropped the poo off down the toilet, and if it's a bit squidgy have sluiced it while flushing. Then it's off to the wash bin. I find they last about 3 washes, and they're much softer after a wash. I only use them on MEOS and prefolds, which are my 'stay at home' nappies, and use fleece liners with my 'going out' nappies, so my last pack of paper liners seemed to last forever!!

Amanda x

My avatar
caeganol
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby caeganol » Sun Nov 18, 2007 10:23 pm

Although it's rare they don't get pooed on because I only use them when I know Flynn is going to poo and he rarely disappoints

You lucky b***h. :lol: :lol: :lol:
That never happens to me. He has his own mind!!! :( :(
xxxxxxx

My avatar
caeganol
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby caeganol » Sun Nov 18, 2007 10:25 pm

Hello Shevi

It has to be bounty they are the only ones that could have survived the test.
Not tesco.
So try the bounty again. even if you only get to use it ones it is worth it.I think.
Will buy bounty next time around and definately try the test.
xx

My avatar
Jenni&Babes
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby Jenni&Babes » Sun Nov 18, 2007 11:31 pm

Amanda - why not just use fleece all the time then lol??? :? :D

My avatar
beck
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby beck » Mon Nov 19, 2007 12:10 am

Forgive me I've just woken up, but when I saw the heading I thought straight away " Why the hell is she using a chocolate bar in a nappy!!" :shock:

Thats pretty impressive though I wouldn't of thought they would stand being in a nappy at all and would get all squished and torn.

My avatar
Shevi
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby Shevi » Mon Nov 19, 2007 9:59 am

oh! what a waste of a good chocolate bar that would be!!!

My avatar
caeganol
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby caeganol » Mon Nov 19, 2007 10:10 am

" Why the hell is she using a chocolate bar in a nappy!!"

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
You made my day
:lol: :lol: :lol:

My avatar
beck
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby beck » Mon Nov 19, 2007 10:11 am

LOL as I said I'd just woken up and wasn't thinking straight :lol:

My avatar
Amanda
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby Amanda » Mon Nov 19, 2007 11:24 am

Jenni, I just use paper on the ones that are wide in the crotch - the prefolds and MEOS. The fleece liners I have fit the trimmer nappies perfectly as they were cut to size (thanks to Tory giving me one to use as a template), but they don't go right to the edges of the bigger nappies. Suppose I could always buy some more fleece and cut some bigger liners :lol:

Amanda x

PreviousNext

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat