hf1

Cloth friendly clothes?

My avatar
paintedclaws
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Re: Cloth friendly clothes?

Postby paintedclaws » Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:34 pm

I gave up with normal trousers on Noah and he mainly wears woollies now.

Poppy is fine in Next clothes but also mainly wears woollies.

Dungarees are great for cloth bums!

My avatar
winniewheresmypooh
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby winniewheresmypooh » Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:54 pm

I fond that my next trousers are fine, but saying that Lucas is so tall that he is in 6-9months and has been since he was 4months old. This is due to his height but probably also helps with the cloth bum too. He was in 3-6month clothes at 7weeks and wasn't even in cloth then :giggle:

My avatar
indigosky2k
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby indigosky2k » Tue Aug 25, 2009 10:50 pm

winniewheresmypooh wrote:I fond that my next trousers are fine, but saying that Lucas is so tall that he is in 6-9months and has been since he was 4months old. This is due to his height but probably also helps with the cloth bum too. He was in 3-6month clothes at 7weeks and wasn't even in cloth then :giggle:

Hmmmm good point actually I did start buying 3-6 month stuff for Kacie when she was about 7 weeks old to accomadate her length and now I've been buying 6-9 month things, tops that she can currently wear as dresses ( fab for showing off her cloth bum :wink: ) and trousers that roll up. I'm going to move on to PJ's with a top and bottom when she grows out of her 3-6 month babygros though, so that she has more growing room in them.

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby Annette » Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:43 am

I thought I would have problems with a boy, a girl was easy - skirts and dresses to show off the nappies :wink: but actually it has been fine. Ben is chubby and short but most brands fit him. I like dungarees alot as they are always roomy in the bum. He has jeans from a few places, George, Cherokee, a couple of Next ones, although these are the smallest and he has just about grown out of his 12-18m Next jeans at 16 months, so I would avoid Next really.

My favourite way to avoid problems is to buy crops (maybe pick some up in the summer clothes sales) in the size bigger, especially if they have an adjustable waist.

He is still wearing a couple of pairs of joggers from Mini Mode which are 9-12m (they are nice and stretchy around the bum and he is short). I have a couple of Cut 4 Cloth trousers but as you say they are pricey and I keep them for best. They are great though.

Oh and for vests of course you can get vest extenders which make them last better.

My avatar
freckle
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby freckle » Wed Aug 26, 2009 4:25 pm

I went up the mall today and got a pair of lovely dark brown cord dungarees from Gap and then I went into H&M and I could have spent so much money! Their new range is all browns and greens and they are so so cute! So I got a pair of light brown cord trousers and matching green t and some stripy lounge pants and t. Now I just have to stop myself going back up tomorrow and buying the other things I wanted!! :)

My avatar
mummymel
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby mummymel » Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:27 pm

I find H&M to be quite generous :)

My avatar
cookiegirl
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby cookiegirl » Thu Aug 27, 2009 7:46 pm

zodoz wrote:I went up the mall today and got a pair of lovely dark brown cord dungarees from Gap and then I went into H&M and I could have spent so much money! Their new range is all browns and greens and they are so so cute! So I got a pair of light brown cord trousers and matching green t and some stripy lounge pants and t. Now I just have to stop myself going back up tomorrow and buying the other things I wanted!! :)

We went to H & M yesterday and bought the same ones too! I love love love H & M, never have a problem with their trousers/jeans for Jude and they are always so funky and have drawstring waists. His snow suit from there lasted for ages too, it was a 4-6 month one and it was still going by Xmas and beyond. His Boden one he outgrew by 2-3weeks :evil:

Previous

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat