hf1

Advice needed regarding an eBay purchase...

My avatar
Ruth
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Advice needed regarding an eBay purchase...

Postby Ruth » Fri Aug 28, 2009 4:08 pm

Hi, not sure where else to post this. I bought a nappy off eBay, a Close Pop-In. Well, I thought it was & when it came it was obviously an older one as it has the Modern Baby label on it. How long ago were they Modern Baby? Anyway she advertised it as Close Baby & it doesn't say in the description it was an older version & you can't see from the photo. She said that she had only washed it once in Fairy Non-Bio & that it had never been used, just prewashed. Well it's mega bobbly & it stank all sort of perfumey & really strong when it arrived. I know they do go bobbly, but I have 2 already that have been washed a few times now & they are not bobbly! She has 100% feedback or I would not have bought from her. Not really sure what to do. I don't want her to think I am being funny if I email her & say I am not very happy. What would you do?

My avatar
0_Lisa_0
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Re: Advice needed regarding an eBay purchase...

Postby 0_Lisa_0 » Fri Aug 28, 2009 4:14 pm

Personnal I'd e-mail her to let her know your not happy and see what she says, just list the points you have here and see what she says and take it from there. Hope you get it sorted

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Fri Aug 28, 2009 4:20 pm

I would mail her as well as it doesn't meet the item description

My avatar
Ruth
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby Ruth » Fri Aug 28, 2009 4:26 pm

Thanks. I have done. I hate moaning about stuff, but that was my gut reaction because I am miffed. I know they have improved since they were modern baby so I wouldn't have bought it tbh.

My avatar
0_Lisa_0
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby 0_Lisa_0 » Fri Aug 28, 2009 4:28 pm

It's not moaning, if you can't list something honestly then there must be something wrong with it IMO.

My avatar
Ruth
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby Ruth » Fri Aug 28, 2009 4:31 pm

I would have listed it as Modern Baby (Now Close Parent) wouldn't you?

My avatar
fluffycabbage
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby fluffycabbage » Fri Aug 28, 2009 7:30 pm

if ur not happy with an item, you have every right to say so. under teh distance selling regulations, if you sell something which turns out to not be described properly in any way, you have a right to a refund.
This might be useful for you if she gets shirty:

http://www.berr.gov.uk/whatwedo/consumers/fact-sheets/page38311.html

Good luck x

My avatar
Ruth
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby Ruth » Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:08 pm

I got this reply:

"hi,im sorry to hear your not happy with the nappy.I didnt relise they had made a better one and thought this was the only one they had out.Its only ever been prewashed but the inner was tumble dryed so this could have caused the softness.also they have been stored with other items of my boys clothing,this is the only thing i can think of causing the smell as i only wash my nappies with non-bio...i can also promise you that the wrap bobbled after the 1st wash,i was shocked n looked it up on google and this seems to be a common problem (not that it causes a problem).I also NEVER use bleach on any item of clothing or nappies so im not sure what has happened there??!!??...I will be happy to refund you for the nappy if you would like to send it back...let me know.Sorry again"

But if she googled it then surely she would have seen that they made a newer one now?!?!?!

I know she has said I can have a refund, but I'd have to pay P&P to send it back & it came with a dri night booster, which I really wanted to try out before I ordered more, that was the reason I bought this nappy rather than buy one full price from somewhere. Not sure I am making any sense! :doh:

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat