hf1

Arghh sposies!!

My avatar
gayleygoo
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Arghh sposies!!

Postby gayleygoo » Fri Aug 28, 2009 10:53 pm

Molly is in them about half the time now because...well, because I'm being lazy lol :giggle: I ran out of the tesco active-fit sposies (i think thats what they were called?) and opted for the cheaper tesco ones. I really wish I'd spent that extra pound now as i have a pack of usless paper nappies - they barely contain a wee, and dont even get me started on the poo. Thats the second set of our bedsheets in the wash because of them :evil:

And the smell :puke: Molly even hates them and joyfully pulls off her heavy, sodden, dropping sposie immediately everytime she wakes up in one! (Which she doesnt find difficult as the tabs are barely sticky) and asks for a "fluffy nappy" (and I'm very proud of her for that :widesmile: ) The sposies look and feel so horrible, I forget - what are the advantages of using them again? :-?

Do other mums just put up with this??? Or do they fork out a fortune on pampers instead to be at less risk of getting poo explosions on themselves each morning?!

Sorry for the rant lol, just needed to vent!

My avatar
dawnsmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Re: Arghh sposies!!

Postby dawnsmummy » Fri Aug 28, 2009 10:56 pm

I've used Tesco's nappies before. The pull ups mainly as DD won't lay down for changes. They were ok as far as disposables go I guess. Pampers are better. Huggies weren't as good. but I much prefer cloth. I wish I'd stuck with it from the start. (We went away for a week when she was about 3 months and I didn't want to take over the washing machine so put her in pampers. Big mistake. She wouldn't go back into cloth. Screamed everytime I put one on her :( )

My avatar
Joaninha
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby Joaninha » Sat Aug 29, 2009 7:22 am

We use sposies part time ( :puke: I know :roll: ) to accommodate DH's squeamish nature (and my lazy one :oops: ) but we use Huggies, as all we heard of pampers was how they are really bad for nappy rash. And they don't leak very often :-?
:hug: :hug: for the extra washing...
and :wine: for clever Molly asking for fluffy nappies!

(oh, and when you are pregnant, skipping extra laundry is not being lazy, it is taking care of yourself! :wink: )

My avatar
0_Lisa_0
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby 0_Lisa_0 » Sat Aug 29, 2009 7:51 am

We use Pampers when using sposies but even they are rubbish at containing a bf poo explosion tbh, looks like you'll just have to piut the extra effort in again *sigh* :giggle:

My avatar
happytails
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby happytails » Sat Aug 29, 2009 8:41 am

We used pampers and huggies for DD for the first 2 weeks of her life as her cloth was too big lol

They stunk, they leaked and she got a rash :( i dont think there is much difference with disps tbh! Alot of my friends complain of their babies being sopping when they wake up after a night in sposies but no one will convert to cloth :-? :shock:

Sarah x

My avatar
cherobanne
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby cherobanne » Sat Aug 29, 2009 8:58 am

I tried both pampers and huggies on Evie when we used sposies for a while when to-ing and fro-ing with DH's work - they leaked poo every single time! And she hasn't had one poo leak in cloth.
I used Moltex on Matthew occasionally and don't remember any leaks with him but maybe that was the child rather than the nappy :-?

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Thankyou Moderators :)
Site Supporter

Postby Louise » Sat Aug 29, 2009 11:00 am

:puke: :puke: They sound awful. I guess Mums just put up with them as they've never tried the alternative. Katie has never worn a sposie and hopefully never will.

My avatar
ktinkley
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby ktinkley » Tue Sep 01, 2009 11:04 pm

We used them for a couple of weeks as DD had really skinny legs and all the fluff I had prepared just leaked! How can a 10lb 10oz baby have skinny legs :roll:

We went back into sposies when I stayed with my parents as my Dad - despite having promoted reusables to me and my SIL didn't want me to bring them. DH kept asking me what the smell was! Plus she leaked everywhere - she's bad in real nappies but sposies we had to buy 4+ for a 4month old to get any kind of chance of her staying dry for more than an hour or so!

Ended up with Nature Babies which aren't too bad - but DS was the best - 'So Mummy......can you only use those nappies once?!?!' So cute :D

My avatar
freckle
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby freckle » Wed Sep 02, 2009 6:12 am

We use Tesco's super dry up until recently with no problems. We then switched to pampers for nights as the tesco ones started to leak by morning. I guess because you don't know any different you don't think about it much.

I wish I had known more about cloth in the beginning though!

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat