hf1

Disposable question

My avatar
freckle
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Disposable question

Postby freckle » Sat Aug 29, 2009 9:21 pm

I know this is all about cloth chat but wondered if anyone might be able to answer a question.

We only have one night nappy at the moment so we are still using disposables most nights. Oz tends to get a bit unsettled from 3ish onwards and on the nights I change his nappy he goes on to sleep a lot better but when I do change his nappy it wakes him up so takes a while to get back to sleep so would rather not have to change it everynight.

Anyway my question is do you think you could put a fleece liner in a disposable to hopefully take away the wet/cold feeling? Not sure if it would effect the way the nappy works?

Bron

My avatar
g murphy
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Re: Disposable question

Postby g murphy » Sat Aug 29, 2009 9:23 pm

I don't know but a very interesting question hunnie!!! will be looking to see if any one replies!

My avatar
Ruth
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby Ruth » Sat Aug 29, 2009 9:30 pm

zodoz wrote:I know this is all about cloth chat but wondered if anyone might be able to answer a question.

We only have one night nappy at the moment so we are still using disposables most nights. Oz tends to get a bit unsettled from 3ish onwards and on the nights I change his nappy he goes on to sleep a lot better but when I do change his nappy it wakes him up so takes a while to get back to sleep so would rather not have to change it everynight.

Anyway my question is do you think you could put a fleece liner in a disposable to hopefully take away the wet/cold feeling? Not sure if it would effect the way the nappy works?

Bron

Not sure really. Can't really see why not, try it & see.

What night nappy are you using? I find a standard minki is really good at night & it's quick drying too, so I am getting away with just 2 of them at the moment & not a disposable in the house :wine: As it's fleece it keeps the wet away from him obviously.

My avatar
freckle
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby freckle » Sat Aug 29, 2009 9:34 pm

I've got a WNNN but have a puddlekins night and UDNN on the way. But also waiting on some longies as all my wraps are too small for the night nappies.

Will have a look at the minki - could do with one that I know will dry very quickly.

I'll stick a liner in tomorrow and try it though.

My avatar
Frances
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby Frances » Sat Aug 29, 2009 9:36 pm

I used fleece liners in sposies a few times before I found night nappies that worked for us, as I wanted to keep J's bottom away from contact with nasty gel. They didn't affect the way the nappy worked at all.

My avatar
Ruth
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby Ruth » Sat Aug 29, 2009 9:37 pm

Work out what size he needs & try the classifieds :wink:

My avatar
freckle
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby freckle » Sat Aug 29, 2009 9:44 pm

Do minki's come with all the boosters/inserts you need or do you need to buy them on top of it?

Thanks Francis! Nice to hear that it worked for someone else. :)

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby Annette » Sun Aug 30, 2009 8:48 am

zodoz wrote:Do minki's come with all the boosters/inserts you need or do you need to buy them on top of it?

Thanks Francis! Nice to hear that it worked for someone else. :)

Minkis don't come with inserts so you would need to buy some, unless you are buying pre-loved, someone might include some for you

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat