small stash

My avatar
yellowdaisy
Clothie
Clothie

small stash

Postby yellowdaisy » Sun Aug 30, 2009 3:12 pm

Hi everyone,

I decided to go back to cloth after a few months of disposables and this month have bought 8 nappies I intend to use for day time and 3 for night time (the night time ones are huggles and will be worn with wool shorties).

The day time nappies are either pocket or AIO/AI2 so I'm hoping I'll be able to change the insert more than I'll have to change the whole nappy to make my small stash go further. Does this sound realistic to you? I will add more nappies next month but this is it for now.
Am I kidding myself that this will be enough for now? If I wash ever other day... DD wears disposable nappies 2/3 times a day + 1 at night as she isn't a heavy wetter.

maybe I'll need to keep a few disposables in the mix until I get more next month? does anyone have a small stash work for them?

thanks
clare

My avatar
dawnsmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Re: small stash

Postby dawnsmummy » Sun Aug 30, 2009 3:18 pm

I have a pile of terries. I find these are cheaper than pockets etc and mean you can have a few more. Yes, they're not as cute and fluffy, but you can buy cute wraps instead :)
I am slowly getting more of a stash though, because DD is so chunky and refuses to lay down for changes! So folded terries aren't working for us as well. She still wears on every night for bed though :)

ETA: I'm buying my stash up of mainly preloved stuff. it's cheaper and means that the lovely mums here get more pennies instead of big companies (Or I buy new from WAHMs :) )

My avatar
emmajayne33
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby emmajayne33 » Sun Aug 30, 2009 3:21 pm

When I started with cloth I had a tiny stash and used them with disposables. I quickly went to full time cloth after buying a few pre-loved from here and other places. But I had to do a nappy wash everyday and that was with 7 nappies. I now have a decent sized stash... but still wash every other day, it's just easy to keep up with!

I'd just take it as it comes, maybe have some sposies for back up :)

My avatar
dawnsmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby dawnsmummy » Sun Aug 30, 2009 3:23 pm

I forgot to add that I also do have some sposies as back ups :) We just dont often use them

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Sun Aug 30, 2009 3:48 pm

I wash every other day and each time there is on average 10-12 nappies. x

My avatar
paintedclaws
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby paintedclaws » Sun Aug 30, 2009 4:11 pm

I started out with 12 pockets for Noah and used them fulltime, i had to wash them every day but coped just fine.

You may have to you the occasional sposie until you've got a few more, i could easily get along with 15 day nappies and 4 night nappies per baby but i'm not telling my dh that. :giggle:

My avatar
indigosky2k
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby indigosky2k » Sun Aug 30, 2009 4:12 pm

I wash every otherday too and usually have about 8 or 9 fitted or pockets with half a dozen terries, which we use at nights at the mo and as protection for the floor during nappy off time, which is quite feeble now DD is managing to wriggle all over the floor :babyroll: :babyrolleyes: :giggle:

My avatar
dawnsmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby dawnsmummy » Sun Aug 30, 2009 4:13 pm

indigosky2k wrote:with half a dozen terries, which we use at nights at the mo

I'm glad I'm not the only terry user. I thought everyone had pockets, AIOs and prefolds but me :giggle:

My avatar
emmalala
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby emmalala » Sun Aug 30, 2009 4:16 pm

i started off with a load of terries (which i dyed and still use to death for towels and pocket inserts) but switched to pockets. i only had 4 to start with and bought new as i went along with a few pre-loved. and i have a huge box of huggies in the cupboard for emergencies (have'nt opened them yet and had them about 2 months!) i wash every day too but i have a toddler in nappies as well as dan

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat