hf1

Yay for the Minki's!!!

My avatar
Jenni&Babes
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Yay for the Minki's!!!

Postby Jenni&Babes » Sun Nov 18, 2007 11:07 am

Flynn has started wetting mega-time at night and was soaking everything including disposables! :shock: It didn't matter how much I boosted - he sleeps on his front and they leak out the top into his vest.

Anyway I bought a Standard Minki to try and it worked!! :D Stuffed with just a pre-fold too! I think it's the high rise of them that did the trick! :)

I now have 5 in lovely bright patterns! Flynn does have a good go and taking them off before bed though! :roll:

My avatar
Rae
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby Rae » Sun Nov 18, 2007 3:44 pm

Have to agree, we love the standard minki. With some other nappies we get wicking out the top of the nappy.

My avatar
Amanda
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby Amanda » Sun Nov 18, 2007 7:39 pm

Definitely our best night nappy too. I have a few others that I use, including a hemp/terry stuffie, but just find the fit and high rise of the minki makes it the most reliable. Nice in this cold weather too, as I can put Connor in a fleece sleepsuit. All my other night nappies I use with wool longies but that means he has a bare midriff and I worry it might be drafty for him! Note to self: buy more minkis!! :lol:

Amanda x

My avatar
Jenni&Babes
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby Jenni&Babes » Sun Nov 18, 2007 7:56 pm

The lady I bought mine from has some more on used-nappies.co.uk ending tonight! :D

My avatar
Amanda
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby Amanda » Sun Nov 18, 2007 8:02 pm

Oh dear :lol: , I feel I'd better go look...

Amanda x

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Sun Nov 18, 2007 8:05 pm

Amanda wrote: All my other night nappies I use with wool longies but that means he has a bare midriff and I worry it might be drafty for him! Note to self: buy more minkis!! :lol:

Amanda x

I just use a big vest (or extenders) and do it up over the woolies - I love wool in winter he seems so cosy and comfy!!

I think I better try a minki, might wait til after xmas though!!

My avatar
jules070603
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby jules070603 » Sun Nov 18, 2007 8:07 pm

000h, a g00d rec0mmendation. I d0n't have a minki in my c0llecti0n but my fleece wrap is l0vely.

My avatar
Jenni&Babes
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby Jenni&Babes » Sun Nov 18, 2007 8:09 pm

My friend got 6 for £15 last night! :shock: Beat me to it lol! But there was no pic so I hope they are ok!

My avatar
Amanda
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby Amanda » Sun Nov 18, 2007 8:15 pm

clothmama wrote:
Amanda wrote: All my other night nappies I use with wool longies but that means he has a bare midriff and I worry it might be drafty for him! Note to self: buy more minkis!! :lol:

Amanda x

I just use a big vest (or extenders) and do it up over the woolies

Thanks Tory :D . I was going to start a thread asking how to avoid the bare bit with woolies, but you've answered the question for me :D Haven't got any vest extenders, and at the moment his 18-24mth vests are big enough to do up over the minki, but we don't do them up over his woolies. He doesn't seem bothered, but it doesn't look very nice - as if he cares when he's fast asleep :roll: :lol:

Amanda x

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat