hf1

Vest extenders!

My avatar
Jenni&Babes
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Vest extenders!

Postby Jenni&Babes » Sun Nov 18, 2007 11:28 am

Flynn's vests are too tight to do up round his nappies so I was looking at the vest extenders - seem expensive though at £5 for 2 lol! :shock: Does anyone else use them? Will 2 be enough?

I've just been tucking his vests in but worry about him getting a cold tum when they come untucked. He is in size 18-24 vests (he's only 13 months lol) and I can't find any with poppers in size 2-3!

My avatar
karenandgeorgia
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby karenandgeorgia » Sun Nov 18, 2007 11:42 am

Georgia must be a little shortie, she has just gone up into the 18-24 month body suits. M&s definately do the baby popper vests in 2-3 and I think mothercare do too :D

Can't comment on the vest extenders as we have never had any.

Hth Karen xx

My avatar
Shevi
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby Shevi » Sun Nov 18, 2007 12:08 pm

i bought my vest extenders from twinkle, and i'm sure they were not that dear (tho it was a year ago) there were 5 in the set i bought, and they are great...just when you wash them, keep them attached to a vest, or else the end up in corners of giant superkingsize duvets and you never see them again!!!

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Sun Nov 18, 2007 2:31 pm

I gave up on vests when Isabelle was around 12months or so...

HOWEVER before that I did use vest extenders and loved them - especially useful over a night nappy... Shame you can't get them for sleepsuits too...

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby Annette » Sun Nov 18, 2007 2:50 pm

I am like Steph, gave up on popper vests ages ago, although have recently bought some pretty little girlie vests (you know the normal type that don't popper) as it is getting a little chilly now and I just tuck them in - so much better when she is wearing a skirt and I want to show off her nappy.

Anyway, when we did use popper vests we had vest extenders and found them great - mainly used them at night over her massive night bum. As Shevi says, I thought they were a bit cheaper, I got 2 packs of 3 as I found 3 wasn't enough. Oh yeah and agree about keeping them attached otherwise you can never find them.

My avatar
Rae
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby Rae » Sun Nov 18, 2007 3:39 pm

I have never used the poppered vests that people in the UK use as underwear. We got vests that don't do up at the bottom from family home in Aus. We did get vest extenders for some of Kayleigh's T-shirts that did up with poppers, and the hateful thing I never realised until I got the vest extenders is that not all poppers are the same. We found we couldn't use them on Adams clothing and Asda clothing has 2 poppers instead of 3.

My avatar
Jenni&Babes
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby Jenni&Babes » Sun Nov 18, 2007 7:30 pm

Thanks I'll shop around a bit and see if I can get some cheaper! I would use normal vests but find them really short so they don't tuck in very well! Unless someone knows where I can get longer proper vests vests?

Lol at losing them in the corner of giant duvets - they could keep all my odd socks company there! :roll:

My avatar
JanX
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby JanX » Sun Nov 18, 2007 8:41 pm

tescos vests seem to be longer! (not the value cheapo ones, the next level up iyswim!!!!)

we gave up on popper vests after ds's 1st winter so he was around 9 month'ish!!

jan x

My avatar
Jenni&Babes
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby Jenni&Babes » Sun Nov 18, 2007 8:47 pm

Hmmm maybe I am being over protective lol?! I can't remember if Josh's are Tescos or Asda - they are red and white with diggers on the front lol! But they don't seem very long on Josh and come untucked. But proper vests would mean showing off Flynn's nappies better! :D

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat