hf1

First night in cloth for Josh!! *Updated update on page 3*

My avatar
Amanda
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby Amanda » Mon Nov 19, 2007 11:26 am

Yes, what happened? i even remembered to come and check, and with my memory that's a minor miracle!

Amanda x

My avatar
Jenni&Babes
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby Jenni&Babes » Mon Nov 19, 2007 12:37 pm

It leaked! :? Clearly he wees more than I realised! :shock: But he didn't wake up from it lol!

I'm not sure what to do tonight - I don't want to be defeated and go back to the pull-ups! Should I try the FB again with some boosting? I don't want to risk using a Minki and him taking it off in the night and the only popper nappies I have are FB's and PB's.

I hope he didn't wee more because he had a nappy on rather than a pull-up? I don't want to send him backwards?!

My avatar
Amanda
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby Amanda » Mon Nov 19, 2007 12:53 pm

Oh what a shame :cry:
I'm not sure what to suggest as pockets don't work for my heavy wetter. Perhaps try again with more boosting? I have FBs but no PBs, so can't say which would be better at dealing with night boosting I'm afraid. I tried various inserts with my FB and found that overboosting just made the legs gape so the problem was worse. Not sure if PBs would be better, but someone else will be able to advise no doubt!
I'm sure he didn't wee more because he's in cloth, so wouldn't worry about this being a setback. It's just that in dispo pull ups you won't have been able to tell very easily how much he actually was weeing. If anything, I would've thought cloth will encourage him to wee less as he'll have an awareness of being wet which he wouldn't have with a dispo.
Don't give up, I'm sure there's an answer!!
Amanda x

My avatar
Jenni&Babes
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby Jenni&Babes » Mon Nov 19, 2007 1:09 pm

Thanks. I don't think a PB would be able to cope as they never last Flynn as long as the FB's in the day and they have less room for boosting.

Josh didn't have a wee just before bed last night and he also had a bowl of cereal at 6pm which he doesn't normally (he hadn't liked his dinner earlier and was hungry) so the milk from that probably didn't help.

I'm going to try again tonight with a bit of boosting - but not too much as you say because they start to gape don't they! I will make sure he doesn't drink anything after his dinner at 5pm and that he wees before bed this time!

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Mon Nov 19, 2007 1:37 pm

Jenni, what did you have in it? I would suggest 6 to 8 layers of hemp and a mf booster on top. Also are you using a poly or cotton pul pb? No way a cotton one would go overnight but the poly (plain colours and some of the prints) with enough hemp should work!

My avatar
Jenni&Babes
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby Jenni&Babes » Mon Nov 19, 2007 1:47 pm

Tory - it was an FB not a PB that I used. I don't think I will even try a PB overnight tbh lol! I just used the FB m/f insert as I thought he was only weeing a tiny bit but clearly not lol! :roll:

I haven't got a huge choice for boosting - I've got FB boosters, 2 shaped hemp boosters (no idea how many layers) and m/f clothes. So I thought I'd use the FB insert, plus a hemp booster and a m/f cloth? I don't want to make it too bulky between his legs as that may put him off as he's not used to cloth iyswim? If he decides he's not wearing it I won't get any choice in the matter lol! :roll:

My avatar
Shevi
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby Shevi » Mon Nov 19, 2007 6:24 pm

Jenni, is the stair gate in the pic made by BabyDan? and the one with pressure wall fixings? if so how do you find it? i have one, but it is soo easy to open that Boo has been able to open it from about a week after i bought it, and i dont know iff its faulty, or if its just the style!!!
good luck with the quest for a night nappy!!!

My avatar
Jenni&Babes
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby Jenni&Babes » Mon Nov 19, 2007 7:12 pm

Shevi wrote:Jenni, is the stair gate in the pic made by BabyDan? and the one with pressure wall fixings? if so how do you find it? i have one, but it is soo easy to open that Boo has been able to open it from about a week after i bought it, and i dont know iff its faulty, or if its just the style!!!
good luck with the quest for a night nappy!!!

No it's a Lindam Easyfit (from Argos) - we bought it about a month ago because Josh could open the Lindam Extending gates we had really easily and I was worried about him opening it and Flynn going down the stairs (to the right of the gate in the pic)! Josh can't open these thankfully! You have to squeeze both sides and pull sideways. They also swing shut so I can go through with my hands full and it shuts and locks behind me. Fingers crossed he won't figure these out until Flynn is ok with stairs lol!

That doesn't sound good - it took Josh 2 years to figure out our old ones lol!

My avatar
Jenni&Babes
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby Jenni&Babes » Mon Nov 19, 2007 7:18 pm

Well tonight he has an FB on again but with a super bamboo insert plus an FB booster. Then just incase a NB Multi wrap on top lol! He has just had a nice big wee and is watching Wonder pets before he goes to bed!

I've told him if he wakes needing a wee to shout me lol!

PreviousNext

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat