hf1

sudden sizing panic help please

My avatar
lkim13
Clothie
Clothie

sudden sizing panic help please

Postby lkim13 » Thu Sep 03, 2009 8:50 pm

have been buying up my stash got lots of size 1 tots and other small pockets to get me started, thought i'd buy up larger sizes and put them away for later so got quite a few size 2 tots and other large pockets etc. Assumed for some reason i'd just need size one then size 2.
Now i realise that makes sence for the tots nappies but what about the pockets as i've just discovered i only have about 4 in size medium, should i have bought small, med, large or am i able to get away with moving straight onto the size 2 tots with the med pockets? i do hope some of that makes sence!

My avatar
indigosky2k
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Re: sudden sizing panic help please

Postby indigosky2k » Thu Sep 03, 2009 9:04 pm

I only used terries till Kacie was about 3 months old. Then I started buying medium pockets. At 4 and a half months and almost 16 lbs, she still fits a size 1 tots, but for pockets we're on mediums. I didn't buy any small pockets, as I'd not started my WeeNotions addiction at that point :giggle: and I'm hopping most of my medium pockets I have now will do untill she's close to potty training. I've also got a fair number of one size pockets that should definitely see us through till then.
I think the sizing can be so varied on medium pockets, so it's best to see how big your baby is and go by each individual brand of pocket.
Now I don't know if I'm making any sense :giggle: I'm sure some people with more sense will be along to offer their help too.

My avatar
lkim13
Clothie
Clothie

Postby lkim13 » Thu Sep 03, 2009 9:36 pm

Thanks for the reply i just thought i had everything organised and had a sudden mega panick that i'd been buying way to far ahead and missed the middle bit out! according to the tots website you only need size 1 then 2 and i have enough of those to keep me going even if i found she was ready for the pockets at different times. I could always buy some more mediums if i need to when she's grown out of the smalls. It's hard to stop myself buying them anyways.

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Thankyou Moderators :)
Site Supporter

Postby Louise » Fri Sep 04, 2009 3:32 pm

Size 1s were huge on Katie when she was a newborn so we used bamboo terries and size 0 Bambeasies and Bimbles. After a few weeks we started on the size 1s with small wraps. M pockets usually fit from around 2-4 months until around 10-12 months so you may find you'll want some more mediums. I wouldn't buy too many until you've tried a few out though as not all nappies suit all babies.

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat