hf1

nappy bag instead of a bin???

My avatar
Rutella
Clothie
Clothie

Re: nappy bag instead of a bin???

Postby Rutella » Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:06 pm

Thanks! I think I'll get that bag then as a few of you have good experiences with it re size etc.

Annette wrote: You could always put a cloth wipe with some essential oil like lavendar on it inside the bag to make it smell nice.

Good idea! I actually have a bundle of lavender sachet things that I use when I put my clothes in storage to keep them fresh so I could use those I guess?

weefywoo wrote: What part of London have you moved to? (sorry for being nosey)

just moved to Finchley...almost literally just, got here on Monday and already I'm stalking the postie waiting for some more fluffy mail :giggle: where abouts are you? (I'm always nosey :wink: )

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby Annette » Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:26 pm

Rutella wrote:
Annette wrote: You could always put a cloth wipe with some essential oil like lavendar on it inside the bag to make it smell nice.

Good idea! I actually have a bundle of lavender sachet things that I use when I put my clothes in storage to keep them fresh so I could use those I guess?

Just be careful you don't put them in the wash :wink:

The other thing with the bag - some people find it useful to have 2 if using them fulltime. That way you can put one in the wash with the nappies to freshen it up and carry on using the other one in the meantime. I have heard some people just put the bag straight in the washing machine and the nappies fall out in the wash, but I don't know if i would trust that, I always take them out first.

My avatar
weefywoo
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby weefywoo » Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:27 pm

I'm in Mill Hill East which is about 5 mins from finchley central and ten mins from North Finchley :D

My avatar
Rutella
Clothie
Clothie

Postby Rutella » Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:59 pm

Annette wrote:Just be careful you don't put them in the wash :wink:

The other thing with the bag - some people find it useful to have 2 if using them fulltime. That way you can put one in the wash with the nappies to freshen it up and carry on using the other one in the meantime. I have heard some people just put the bag straight in the washing machine and the nappies fall out in the wash, but I don't know if i would trust that, I always take them out first.

Ah yes :oops: I think a cloth wipe with lavender on would be preferable!! And yes, two bags does make more sense so I can wash them as I go along.... So glad I can get good advice here!

weefywoo wrote:I'm in Mill Hill East which is about 5 mins from finchley central and ten mins from North Finchley :D

Ooooh v nearby then! It's nice to (sort of) meet a neighbour :idea:

My avatar
babyjjbaby
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby babyjjbaby » Sun Sep 06, 2009 1:11 pm

that bag looks fab think i will get one to replace teh little bin i hav egot

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Louise » Sun Sep 06, 2009 4:13 pm

A bag sounds like a great idea for people who are short of space. I agree with Annette, two would be a good idea so you can wash one along with the nappies.

My avatar
victoriaw
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby victoriaw » Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:52 pm

weefywoo wrote:Hmmm interesting I'm looking to swap from a bucket to a bag, I'm just waiting for Victoria @ Jabbula to let me know how many nappyies actually fit into the Monkey Foot X-Lrg :D

Just in case anyone else wants to know, I've tried it out now and it holds 14 Goodmamas! :shock: :lol:

Previous

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat