nappy bag instead of a bin???

My avatar
Rutella
Clothie
Clothie

nappy bag instead of a bin???

Postby Rutella » Sat Sep 05, 2009 7:24 pm

Hi all,

I'm just getting my stash sorted ready for my lil bump to come along shortly :pregnant: but am still debating a few things. We are going to be moving from the UK to Paris for 18mths when LO is 6-8 wks old, and will in all likelihood be in a little apartment w/o much space. We're trying to put off getting too much (or too bulky) baby stuff when in the UK as we have *hoping* that my DH can just take the car filled with stuff while me and bubs get the eurostar (we have just moved from Edinburgh to London with one carload of stuff so we would have one more seat's worth of space iyswim)

So I was wondering if anyone uses a large wetbag to store their dirty nappies in at home (like this one http://www.babykind.co.uk/nappyessentials.htm#swadtote) instead of a bin? I figured this could take up less space at home and also would be less bulky to fit in the car when we move, but I don't know if it might be smellier as it is drawstring instead of a fitted lid? :-? (BTW I'm planning on drypailing and washing every other day if poss regardless of bag/bin)

Any advice?
Ruth x

My avatar
2climbingboys
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Re: nappy bag instead of a bin???

Postby 2climbingboys » Sat Sep 05, 2009 7:32 pm

monkeyfoot wetbags are zip up and contain the smell fairly well. I use the medium version out and about, but they do an xl one that could possibly be used for this purpose.

My avatar
Soupdragon
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby Soupdragon » Sat Sep 05, 2009 7:36 pm

When going away for weekends with Iris I've used large wetbags to store used nappies. The large Wee Notions ones are huge. But even then you'd probably need a couple to use with a newborn (they need changing so often!) if you're planning to wash every other day. They also have a handy square of fabric at the opening of the bag where you can put essential oils to help with any honking.

My avatar
dawnsmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby dawnsmummy » Sat Sep 05, 2009 7:37 pm

My nappy bin doesn't have a lid. I do a wash every night though, when Madam goes to bed so they dry on the radiators over night. Never used a bag except when out and about so can't say, sorry :(

My avatar
jan3182001
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby jan3182001 » Sat Sep 05, 2009 7:40 pm

i use the large mommys touch wet bag which zips up - it hangs on the side of my wash basket - i dont get any smells from it - unless its open, and am only washing every few days now.

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby Annette » Sat Sep 05, 2009 7:42 pm

I have that wetbag and it is brill. I use it when we go away and can easily contain about 3 or 4 days of nappies, so is a great alternative to a bin. I know some people prefer them to buckets as they can be hung on the back of a door away from little inquisitive fingers :D

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby Annette » Sat Sep 05, 2009 7:44 pm

Forgot to say, no it doesn't smell any more than a bucket. The drawstring is effective at keeping smells inside. You could always put a cloth wipe with some essential oil like lavendar on it inside the bag to make it smell nice.

My avatar
weefywoo
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby weefywoo » Sat Sep 05, 2009 7:49 pm

Hmmm interesting I'm looking to swap from a bucket to a bag, I'm just waiting for Victoria @ Jabbula to let me know how many nappyies actually fit into the Monkey Foot X-Lrg :D

What part of London have you moved to? (sorry for being nosey)

My avatar
lazylexis
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby lazylexis » Sat Sep 05, 2009 7:53 pm

we use that bag when we go away for the weekend.it's bigger than the wn large one and holds 3 days nappies for our 17 week old easily.it works fine.

[ Mobile Post ] Image

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat