hf1

Nursery wont use cloth :-( - Update

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Re: Nursery wont use cloth :-( - Update

Postby megansmummy » Tue Sep 08, 2009 12:22 pm

Im a nursery nurse (currently on mat leave) and I am co-ordinator of the baby room at our nursery...we are fully suppotive of cloth usage, we ask parents to provide a wetbag for dirty nappies (all nappies must be put into a nappy sack and then into the wetbag), liners of whatever description they prefer so that we can use nappy cream, an emergency sposie incase we ran out of all nappies (say if the child came down with dihorreah (sp?) and we had used all nappies before the parent could collect). We take all types of nappies..pockets, fitteds, AIO's or a combination...
Personally when i took my daughter to nursery I provided pockets (BG's) just to keep it easy for them...i sent them in ready stuffed :)

As for the food issue, we actually aent allowed to accept any food made at home, any food that we accept has to be bough comercially, sealed and labled with an expiry date :-? The issue being that we cannot be resposnible for 'conditions' it was made in, food being in date etc but if fed it to the child and they came down with food poisoning then it could come back on us (not reheating properly etc).

Good Luck :)

My avatar
mousenose
Clothie
Clothie

Postby mousenose » Tue Sep 08, 2009 1:40 pm

thanks megansmummy. if you dont mind me asking where do you keep the wet bags? Alongside the sposies? x

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby megansmummy » Tue Sep 08, 2009 1:49 pm

Yeah we have a couple of hooks in the changing area and we hang the wetbags up there so that they are away from clean nappies (issues of cross contamination) but handy for changes :) we are not allowed to put dirty nappies in a bag that his hung on the childs 'peg' in the hallway as soiled nappies MUST be kept in the bathroom :)

If your nursery doesnt have any hooks within the bathroom that they could use then surley there is somewhere they could sit the bag??

My avatar
mousenose
Clothie
Clothie

Postby mousenose » Tue Sep 08, 2009 2:12 pm

You would think so wouldnt you! It is quite a small room. They have a standard changing table, a toddler toilet the other side of the room with a sink. shelves on the back wall for sposies. I didnt really look at it in much detail! My Jumperoo just sold for fifty pounds! woo! Now I need to buy some pockets. Any suggestions?

x

My avatar
rhead
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby rhead » Tue Sep 08, 2009 2:28 pm

Great! Put up a wanted ad for pockets for nursery needed asap, I bet you'll get some good offers. :wink: Bumgenius do seem to be favorite, just make sure if you're getting them cheap that the elastic and velcro are OK. And don't take "no" for an answer! :crossbaby:

My avatar
Bobble Boy's Mum
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby Bobble Boy's Mum » Tue Sep 08, 2009 2:35 pm

I think your nursery's attitude to cloth stinks even more than the dirty nappies probably do :giggle: They can't force you to buy disps when you have perfectly good nappies already! If they are still being funny about it tell them you will get a doctors letter telling them that he needs to wear cloth for medical reasons.

I'm lucky that our hospital will let me use cloth with no probs at all when Findlay is an inpatient (they don't get any option as Findlay is allergic to disps) and if I had gone out and he needed a nappy change they just took the dirty one off, put it in a nappy sack and tied it up and left it on the side for me.

Weenotions make amazing pocket nappies and we can vouch for the fact that they contain explosive bf poo really well!!

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Tue Sep 08, 2009 4:21 pm

Our nursery didn't have a choice with Isabelle as she's allergic to most disps and I wasn't buying special ones...

Can you find a different nursery or a child minder?

My avatar
mousenose
Clothie
Clothie

Postby mousenose » Tue Sep 08, 2009 5:13 pm

Steph I would but he starts on thursday and I am getting the bus in and this nursery is on site soo is very convenient! Think I am just gonna have to put up and shut up as my OH says! x

My avatar
lazylexis
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby lazylexis » Tue Sep 08, 2009 5:25 pm

Hope you sort something.we like bumgenius and greenkids anytimes pockets.

[ Mobile Post ] Image

PreviousNext

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat