hf1

Nursery wont use cloth :-( - Update

My avatar
babyroo
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Re: Nursery wont use cloth :-( - Update

Postby babyroo » Tue Sep 08, 2009 5:26 pm

mousenose wrote:Steph I would but he starts on thursday and I am getting the bus in and this nursery is on site soo is very convenient! Think I am just gonna have to put up and shut up as my OH says! x

I can't see how they can force you to buy something you don't want to - what if you really really couldn't afford it.

They should comply with your wishes as much as possible unless there is a very good reason not to. There must be somewhere they can store the nappies. I would ask them what they do with any soiled clothing - they must get nappy leaks sometimes and have to change clothes, if they can put them somewhere then surely they can put nappies somewhere.

My avatar
AnnetteandBen
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby AnnetteandBen » Tue Sep 08, 2009 5:46 pm

glad you seem to have sorted things out :hug:

My avatar
dawnsmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby dawnsmummy » Tue Sep 08, 2009 6:43 pm

RE: Your update
This nursery manager sounds like a total .... :evil:
What if everyone wanted to use cloth and she HAD to do it? Silly cow.

Hope you get it there in the end :roll:

My avatar
cat27m
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby cat27m » Tue Sep 08, 2009 7:07 pm

Surely under equal opportunities they have to accept your parenting choices. Rowan is the only one in cloth in our nursery baby room atm but they have always been fully supportive of cloth. They are also using our cloth wipes. They also accept home cooked food so long as I provide a note of what's in it.
It sounds like you need to stand your ground. I would arrange a meeting with the nursery manager when you don't have your lo around so you don't end up getting too emotional. Hope you get something sorted soon. :hug:

Cathleen xx

My avatar
girlinleeds
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby girlinleeds » Tue Sep 08, 2009 9:23 pm

hi not been online as had broken laptop plug, but have just seen this. I spoke to my sister about me using cloth and pippa going to nursery as she's a nursery manager. She told me that the nursery has to support you choices as it's your baby and your paying them to look after them. I'm sure she said it's in the early years framework that they must respect parents prefrences. I was talking to my boss about pippa's nappies on friday though and she said her sister works in a nursery and they said they'd use cloth and as soon as the parent s left but sposies on!!! Pippa does react very badly to sposies her skin breaks down and bleeds (same for baby wipes) so in one respect at least when she goes to nursery i'll be able to tell at a glance if they've used sposies on her.
Really stand your ground over this don't forget your paying them to provide a service, i'll try and ring my sister tomorrow and see what she says and let you know
xx

My avatar
fluffycabbage
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby fluffycabbage » Wed Sep 09, 2009 12:08 am

Some really interesting points have been made here, i really hope that by the time Charlotte goes to nursery these old-fashioned attitudes have changed.....

Personally, I'd get Dominic Little on the case...... :lol:

My avatar
mousenose
Clothie
Clothie

Postby mousenose » Wed Sep 09, 2009 7:17 am

fluffycabbage wrote:
Personally, I'd get Dominic Little on the case...... :lol:

Who is he? Sounds intreiging!

Girl in leeds thats what I thought but apparently they have had to refuse before. It is going to be one of those things which really annoys me cos as you say Jake's skin is much the same. As he has excema maybe i should go see my doctor and see what he says? If he would write a note? What about ofsted? If on monday they still say no?
x

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby megansmummy » Wed Sep 09, 2009 7:34 am

It may be worth consulting OFSTEAD and seeing what they say, it depends how much you really want them to use cloth on your LO, OFSTEAD certainly have standards of care and within those there is a section on partnership with parents and equal ops...i think they would have to have REALLY good reasons as to why they wont use cloth...i mean if you really stood your ground...I honistly cant see the problem :roll: Like someone pointed out earlier in the thread...what do they do with soiled clothes...sposies leak all the time and she get soiled clothes...surley they dont chuck them away so they MUST be able to store 'soiled stuff' somewhere??

Sorry if this has been asked but will they provide the sposies or are they asking YOU to provide them?? i dont see how they can insit that YOU buy sposies...how can they tell you what to spend your money on?? What if you truly cant afford sposies??

You could ask your dr about writting a note, if your LO flares up in sposies then he may write a note...why should your LO suffer just becuase of nursery??!

My avatar
mousenose
Clothie
Clothie

Postby mousenose » Wed Sep 09, 2009 7:40 am

Thanks Tory, yes they want me to provide them which is very annoying as i switched to cloth to save money! I now am spending four pound a week on the bus to get to college, im very lucky that the college place and nursery is free but that four pound pays for sposies!

I do want to do it because i have seen a big benefit to Jakes skin. Also I am stubborn. Why should my parenting choices be ignored? So what if the majority of people use sposies. Maybe they are wrong?! LOL! :shock:

PreviousNext

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat