hf1

Nursery wont use cloth :-( - Update

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Re: Nursery wont use cloth :-( - Update

Postby megansmummy » Wed Sep 09, 2009 7:45 am

mousenose wrote: Why should my parenting choices be ignored? So what if the majority of people use sposies.

If you decide to contact ofstead then thats the point you should raise with them...they are refusing to adhear to your parenting choices AND demanding that you fork out for sposies...tell them you cant afford them and thats cloth is YOUR choice as your LO's parent. If someone was vegitarian would they refuse to cook veggie food? NO they would have to do it...this is the same...infact more so as there is a medical reason so its like someone being allergic to dairy and them not accomodating it...

My avatar
mousenose
Clothie
Clothie

Postby mousenose » Wed Sep 09, 2009 7:47 am

Good point. i feel a bit of a hypocrite though cos I have been using cloth for all of a week! But guess they dont need to know that!

My avatar
fluffycabbage
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby fluffycabbage » Wed Sep 09, 2009 9:37 am

Just stand ur ground hun, we're all with u :hug:
Dominic Littlewood (sorry not little lol) is a bloke on tv (bbc1 i think) who rights wrongs where finances and legal issues are concerned, and i think your situation would be a very good point to make, especially on tv! And of course it raises the profile of using re-usables! :wink:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/showsandtours/beonashow/get_dom.shtml

My avatar
girlinleeds
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby girlinleeds » Wed Sep 09, 2009 8:04 pm

spoke to my sister, and she said she can't see how they can refuse as it's parental choice, but she's going to have a look when she goes to work tomorrow and see if she can find anything that you can use to show them they can't refuse. She said they don't have anyone in cloth but if they did as long as parents told them what to do they'd be fine with it. She said that some of there children still have jars of food even though really there to old for it, but that's what their parents want them to have so they do it even though they don't quite agree with it but as parents you have final say over what happens to your child whilst there at nursery.
xxx

My avatar
mousenose
Clothie
Clothie

Postby mousenose » Wed Sep 09, 2009 8:48 pm

Chhrs Chicken. The issue they have is storing the dirty nappies. So i will have a god look round tomorrow! xxx

My avatar
Clare588
Clothie
Clothie

Postby Clare588 » Wed Sep 23, 2009 11:43 pm

I was expecting a similar response from nurseries when seeking out childcare for my son and did a bit of prep to help convince the unwilling! I found this guide for nursery managers which I thought may be a useful resource http://www.nappies.org/nurseryguide.pdf it discusses approaches to hygiene etc. Perhaps you could share this with your nursery manager?

Fortunately I managed to find a wonderful nursery who were only too happy to use cloth, support BLW etc. they are out there if changing childcare provider is an option (sorry didn't have time to read full thread)

Previous

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat