hf1

Everything seems to be leaking!

My avatar
MaryMoon
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Everything seems to be leaking!

Postby MaryMoon » Tue Sep 08, 2009 1:16 pm

For the last few weeks I have had a lot of nappies which have leaked. This is especially so with my BG (V1) which have always been a fav of mine but lately they are just leaking in the crotch/leg area. My Fuzzis too seem to be leaking but I think that is because perhaps William has outgrown them. Then today one of my Wonderoo OS which was well stuffed had his trousers soaked in only an hour.

Could it be that his shape has changed and things are not fitting? Or perhaps there is something else. To wash, I dry pail then put on a 60 wash with a little (but not much) detergent (about 2 teaspoons prob) with extra rinse and spin. I dry either on the line or an airer.

I am very sad about this as it won't be long before he is pt and out of nappies and also I don't really want to have to get new nappies for just a month or so.

Any ideas? Thank you

My avatar
happytails
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Re: Everything seems to be leaking!

Postby happytails » Tue Sep 08, 2009 3:43 pm

have you tried stripping them?

are his clothes too tight? x

My avatar
MaryMoon
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby MaryMoon » Tue Sep 08, 2009 4:14 pm

I have recently moved him into next size up clothes and it has happened since then.

How do I strip? (nappies not me :hohoho: )

thanks

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Tue Sep 08, 2009 4:15 pm

MaryMoon wrote:I have recently moved him into next size up clothes and it has happened since then.

How do I strip? (nappies not me :hohoho: )

thanks

See the sticky thread in the washing bit of the forum - I'll go find the link for you now...

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Tue Sep 08, 2009 4:16 pm

I do wonder if perhaps the smaller clothes were holding the nappies on more snugly and since going into bigger ones he's weeing out of the legs?

My avatar
MaryMoon
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby MaryMoon » Tue Sep 08, 2009 5:02 pm

Thanks. Have found the thread re stripping so will give that a go. Am in town tomorrow or thursday so will get some soda crystals then. Where would I buy them from?

Thank you

My avatar
happytails
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby happytails » Tue Sep 08, 2009 7:01 pm

MaryMoon wrote:Thanks. Have found the thread re stripping so will give that a go. Am in town tomorrow or thursday so will get some soda crystals then. Where would I buy them from?

Thank you

I get mine from Asda, near the washing section x

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Louise » Wed Sep 09, 2009 9:51 pm

It could be where he's close to PTing he's got some bladder control so is flooding the nappies. I've heard some people have overcome this by putting a booster on top of the fleece. As the liquid doesn't pass through the fleece quickly enough it can cause leaking IYSWIM.

My avatar
dawnsmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby dawnsmummy » Wed Sep 09, 2009 9:56 pm

happytails wrote:
MaryMoon wrote:Thanks. Have found the thread re stripping so will give that a go. Am in town tomorrow or thursday so will get some soda crystals then. Where would I buy them from?

Thank you

I get mine from Asda, near the washing section x

Wilko's also sell them (Shameless Wilkos ad - Worked there for almost 6 years lol)

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat