hf1

Everything seems to be leaking!

My avatar
sophie2198
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Re: Everything seems to be leaking!

Postby sophie2198 » Wed Sep 09, 2009 10:06 pm

Louise wrote:It could be where he's close to PTing he's got some bladder control so is flooding the nappies. I've heard some people have overcome this by putting a booster on top of the fleece. As the liquid doesn't pass through the fleece quickly enough it can cause leaking IYSWIM.

WSS ^^

H is pretty much the same age as yours , he was 2 in June , and for the last 6 months we have been in wool and fitteds full-time as nothing else would work! I wasnt sure about full-time wool at first , had used it for nights etc but was a big step for me changing over to full-time , but i wouldnt have it any other way now! It was either that , or change his nappy ever 1 hr :shock: :shock: couldnt have even used sposies if id wanted too as they leak worse than pockets / fitteds with wraps

do you use wool? Would you consider it full - time?

Ooh one thing i also do now is put half a flannel in his nappy and this is really good for soaking up the first wee they do , dont know why but it is , has helped us alot! :wink:

hth abit?

xxx

My avatar
chipmonkey
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Re: Everything seems to be leaking!

Postby chipmonkey » Wed Sep 16, 2009 8:48 pm

The other thing about pockets is that the elastic goes eventually. You can replace it if you are handy but this seems to have been the main cause of leaks for us. I have found the worst offenders to be the Bumgenius, by and large the elastic on my FB lasted much longer

I have got a little sewing machine now for the purpose of replacing the elastic but haven't actually started to use it yet!

Previous

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat