hf1

What nappies do you use when you go out??

My avatar
Jenni&Babes
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

What nappies do you use when you go out??

Postby Jenni&Babes » Wed Nov 21, 2007 5:51 pm

I was really disappointed with Flynn's FB today! I put it on at 10am and we went to soft play. I checked it at 12pm and it still seemed fine and not too full. A few mins later I picked him up and his trousers were soaked! :shock: It had leaked around the legs! :(

Is it just his age - will he start doing HUGE wees now? He's 13 months.

I used the normal FB insert and a hemp booster (no idea how many layers - the ones from Wee Notions).

What do you use out and about? I haven't got many 2-parts (only 2 in fact lol) but are they better for out? His trousers are too tight over his LL's bamboo and cotton. I like how slim the FB's are!

My avatar
nic1
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby nic1 » Wed Nov 21, 2007 6:05 pm

Generally a fuzzi or my one bumgenius i have. The fuzzis i now stuff with a fuzzi insert, and 2 MF cloths wrapped around it. That generally can last a few hours with Evie and she's quite a heavy wetter.

My avatar
HannahBanana
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby HannahBanana » Wed Nov 21, 2007 6:09 pm

Whatever is clean!! pmsl!

Mommy's touch or Happy Heiny both with MF insert and a Hemp Jersey wide booster.

FB I only have the MF insert in.

If I'm going shopping or something (a rarity) or a walk I tend to put her in one of the top two with more boosting.

My avatar
Jenni&Babes
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby Jenni&Babes » Wed Nov 21, 2007 6:54 pm

Hmmm maybe I should give the FB's another chance with a bit more boosting then.

I'm waiting for some preloved HH's (not the pockets though) and will try them too. I had a BG but it was too tight on him! :roll:

My avatar
nic1
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby nic1 » Wed Nov 21, 2007 7:00 pm

Jenni&Babes wrote:Hmmm maybe I should give the FB's another chance with a bit more boosting then.

I'm waiting for some preloved HH's (not the pockets though) and will try them too. I had a BG but it was too tight on him! :roll:

Are you still needing those fuzzi inserts hun? :D

My avatar
Jenni&Babes
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby Jenni&Babes » Wed Nov 21, 2007 7:08 pm

nic1 wrote:
Jenni&Babes wrote:Hmmm maybe I should give the FB's another chance with a bit more boosting then.

I want inserts for them but not the FB ones - I have lots of those! I've bought a couple of super bamboo ones off Jan!

My avatar
nic1
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby nic1 » Wed Nov 21, 2007 7:35 pm

Jenni&Babes wrote:
nic1 wrote:

I want inserts for them but not the FB ones - I have lots of those! I've bought a couple of super bamboo ones off Jan!

Sorry must have crossed wires as i thought you were after fuzzi inserts. :D

My avatar
Amanda
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby Amanda » Wed Nov 21, 2007 8:20 pm

FBs last a max of 2hrs for us, so I don't really use them. Actually I tried our petit toddler one yesterday, just to see how it did, and after a little more than 2hrs it was damp around the legs but hadn't got his trousers wet, so perhaps I'll experiment with boosting and see if they can get them to work.

Anyway, in the meantime our going out nappies are MEOS and Bamboozles. Not as slim as the FBs, especially as I use a small m/f cloth too if we're going to be out for a while, but as Connor's a skinny minny the bigger bum helps keep his trousers up :lol:

Amanda x

My avatar
kt24
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby kt24 » Wed Nov 21, 2007 8:40 pm

If I'm going out for any length of time or I'm using the sling, he has to be in a fitted with a Motherease airflow wrap. I don't trust a pocket because he has a tendency to flood nappies now with massive wees. :roll: and the two-parts stand more of a chance of containing it.

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat