hf1

1st night in cloth - disaster :(

My avatar
fluffycabbage
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

1st night in cloth - disaster :(

Postby fluffycabbage » Thu Sep 10, 2009 10:30 am

Well, I put charlotte in a BBH with the 2 snap in boosters in, and an ep hemp booster on top of that, then a fleece liner. then a me airflow wrap.
Well, she was very fidgety lastnight and couldnt settle (finally fell asleep at 2.30am after having a huuuuuuge poo!). Anyway i checked her nappy (before the poo lol) and it was wet on the elastic part of the legs, and right at the back at the top where the booster ended :roll: , although not wet anywhere else. it was slightly damp in the wet zone, fab considering shes a heavy wetter and had had it on for 2 hrs already. I ended up putting her in a sposie so she didnt wet the bed :oops:

What do you thinks going on there?

My avatar
rhead
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Re: 1st night in cloth - disaster :(

Postby rhead » Thu Sep 10, 2009 11:05 am

Sounds to me like it's not absorbing properly - is it new (needs some prewashes to get it up to absorbency), or if it's used might it need stripping to get rid of detergent buildup?

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Thankyou Moderators :)
Site Supporter

Postby Louise » Thu Sep 10, 2009 11:16 am

rhead wrote:Sounds to me like it's not absorbing properly - is it new (needs some prewashes to get it up to absorbency), or if it's used might it need stripping to get rid of detergent buildup?

WSS. Also do you mean you put the hemp closest to her skin? If so that may have been the problem. Although hemp is very absorbent it cannot absorb fluid quickly so therefore it needs to be as far away from the skin as possible otherwise you'll get leaks.

My avatar
weefywoo
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby weefywoo » Thu Sep 10, 2009 11:18 am

It could have been because you put the EP hemp as the top layer?!? Hemp is slow to absorb and I found that the wee just trickled off that and all over clothes if I did not have bamboo or microfibre on top ?!?

My avatar
twinkletot
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby twinkletot » Thu Sep 10, 2009 11:47 am

I swapped a bamboo booster for a hemp booster the other night in ds's nappy. It was right at the bottom and he had leaked by the morning. I won't be trying that again :shock: . The hemp must be too slow absorbing for my heavy wetter at night. Maybe swap for bamboo?

My avatar
tanya
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby tanya » Thu Sep 10, 2009 11:49 am

weefywoo wrote:It could have been because you put the EP hemp as the top layer?!? Hemp is slow to absorb and I found that the wee just trickled off that and all over clothes if I did not have bamboo or microfibre on top ?!?

WSS. Hemp should always be at the bottom of any boosting, underneath even Bamboo.

My avatar
fluffycabbage
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby fluffycabbage » Thu Sep 10, 2009 12:31 pm

aaaaaaaaaaah, well then maybe thats the problem with all her nappies then :roll: Yeah it was the under the fleece liner. I shall try it under all the snap ins tonight, and see how that goes :D
Also order some bamboo boosters!
Its preloved so yes it may well need to be stripped. I have a few which need to be stripped, so will do that too.
Thanks everyone :hug: :hug:

My avatar
rhead
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby rhead » Thu Sep 10, 2009 12:39 pm

Hope that works - don't give up! :hug:

My avatar
fluffycabbage
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby fluffycabbage » Thu Sep 10, 2009 1:01 pm

oh i wont - for one, ive spent too much on nappies already :giggle: and second, i truly want her to be a clothy :mrgreen:

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat