hf1

meconium and nappies?

My avatar
beck
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

meconium and nappies?

Postby beck » Fri Nov 23, 2007 7:58 am

I'm thinking of using cloth from his first nappy but I'm worried about those lovely meconium poos. Does it wash off easily or will they be badly stained? I was surprised when dp said that we would prefer if he wore cloth straight away and that he didn't mind bringing them home and washing them :shock: :shock: Dont worry I will give him a thorough run down of what to do and what not to do :lol:

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Fri Nov 23, 2007 8:18 am

I really wish I'd used cloth immediately... Sunshine (which you do seem to get a lot of! ;) ) should get out any stains...

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Fri Nov 23, 2007 9:03 am

I'd pop in a paper liner (if you wash them first they are very soft!!) for the first few or make up some cheap fleece ones that can be chucked if too bad iyswim!

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby Annette » Fri Nov 23, 2007 9:15 am

This question has come up before and there have been people who have confirmed that they had no problems with meconium and stains. Cutting up some cheap fleece liners is a very good option, then you won't mind throwing them away if they do get ruined.

My avatar
HannahBanana
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby HannahBanana » Fri Nov 23, 2007 11:29 am

I would just cut up some fleece. I've got loads here and wouldn't mind throwing it away if it was particularly bad!!

My avatar
beck
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby beck » Fri Nov 23, 2007 11:32 am

I think I will use fleece liners (didn't even think of that) I have some left over from nappy making so should be able to get a fair few out of that

My avatar
HannahBanana
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby HannahBanana » Fri Nov 23, 2007 11:35 am

The meconium doesn't last long either does it. I'd even be tempted to use them while they have real runny poo! I didn't start using cloth until Erin was on solids so never experienced daily messy poos with cloth although we have had the odd occassion and it's not nice! lol

My avatar
beck
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby beck » Fri Nov 23, 2007 11:52 am

Phebie started when she was 8 wks so she still had that lovely bf nb poo going on :o

My avatar
WeeNotions
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby WeeNotions » Fri Nov 23, 2007 12:56 pm

I used cloth an Amelie straight away, no liners, and had no probs at all with it staining. I have ones that were fleece inners and others that were light coloured cotton velour, I can't remember the others, but I have no problems with any of them :wink:

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat