hf1

meconium and nappies?

My avatar
Jenni&Babes
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby Jenni&Babes » Fri Nov 23, 2007 1:33 pm

I want to use cloth straight away next time but thought I would probably start with Terry squares with Nippas as I have heard they are easier to get to fit a newborn?? So anything too bad could be chucked as they are so cheap lol! :lol:

My avatar
AnnetteandBen
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby AnnetteandBen » Fri Nov 23, 2007 1:41 pm

Benjamin was in cloth straight away, the black poo (sorry can't spell hard words with this brain!) wasn't a problem for me. We used fleece liners and washable wipes as well. Both Robert and my mum for the 1 nappy wash she did soaked the nappies in cold water or rinsed them out before putting in the machine.

There was 1 nappy and 1 washable wipe which did looked stained from the darker poos, but I think its already out of the nappy.

To be honest I am having more problems with this yellow poo than the dark stuff. The yellow is staining the fleece liners, coming out of the nappies no probs but if I put a wrap - bummis or ME rikki into the same wash they come out with a yellow tinge sometimes all over sometimes patchy - so the wraps are going into clothes washes now.

I thought it was easier using cloth in hospital than it would have been with disps, as I didn't have to leave the bed, I could change him, wet nappy bag everything and washable wipe or chemical solution my hands than get up for the bin!

I did find we got through lots of wet nappy bags though, but that was probably because we had lots we could get through!

My avatar
kt24
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby kt24 » Fri Nov 23, 2007 2:00 pm

We had no problems with the meconium staining at all and I sold on all the really small nappies in totally stain free condition. I second what Annette said we had more problem with the bright yellow poo stains. Luckily it was summer and the sunshine soon sorted that out. :D

My avatar
beck
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby beck » Sat Nov 24, 2007 12:43 am

Thanks girls I'm going to jump right in and go for it I think - I really dont want to have to buy disp at all this time around.

Previous

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat