hf1

Weird - constipation cure???

My avatar
Kylie
Clothie
Clothie

Weird - constipation cure???

Postby Kylie » Sun Sep 13, 2009 8:01 pm

Joseph has had a lot of issues with constipation, unsure if its related to him being born extremely premature, whether its due to his large inguinal hernia, or just normal constipation. He was going two to three days without a poo. And was very not happy about it! :oops: :x

Anyway we switched to cloth nappies last week. He has had at least one bowel motion everyday and often two! :babyroll: I wonder if its because he feels so much more comfortable. The nappies are really big on him, and perhaps he doesn't feel as restricted, dunno, but its quite odd!

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Thankyou Moderators :)
Site Supporter

Re: Weird - constipation cure???

Postby Louise » Sun Sep 13, 2009 8:29 pm

:wine: Glad the cloth nappies seem to have solved the problem. LOs are known for pooing in new nappies. :giggle: Katie does it without fail every time I put one on her. :roll:

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby Annette » Sun Sep 13, 2009 8:33 pm

Would be wonderful if it is because he feels more comfortable.

You know you can pretty much guarantee a poo if you put a baby in a brand new nappy - so maybe it there's something in it :D

My avatar
victoriaw
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby victoriaw » Sun Sep 13, 2009 8:34 pm

Kylie wrote:Joseph has had a lot of issues with constipation, unsure if its related to him being born extremely premature, whether its due to his large inguinal hernia,

Poor Joseph :( Antonia had one of those too (one of the rare occurrences of them in girls). Has his been operated on yet? Antonia's was done a couple of months ago now, all went fine and everything healed well :D (She has never had an issue with constipation though, more the other way round!) (Except once after we gave her egg, she didn't poo for 3 days :giggle: )

My avatar
Kylie
Clothie
Clothie

Postby Kylie » Mon Sep 14, 2009 3:19 pm

We haven't got a date yet....hopefully soon.

Strangely if Joseph didn't have a hernia, I wouldn't be on this forum, I met VelvetSteph at the hospital with her little girl and got nattering, as you do!!! :mrgreen:

My avatar
mamaellie
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby mamaellie » Mon Sep 14, 2009 3:24 pm

It's entirely possible... my HV told me when J was suffering with constipation to let her have time without a nappy on so she could get her legs up, so if his cloth are roomier and allow him to do that, it could be helping!

We always "christen" new nappies the first time with a poo, too! :giggle:

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat