hf1

How do you control your spending urges?!

My avatar
fleur08
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

How do you control your spending urges?!

Postby fleur08 » Tue Sep 15, 2009 1:01 pm

just wondering how everybody copes with wanting to buy nappys all the time?
im terrible,if i see something new or recomended -i want 2 of them & could easily blow a couple of hundred in one easy go :hohoho:
the only thing that stops me is knowing that im not working & the other half would kill me if i got a massive credit card bill ( we have seperate ones and i buy the nappys)
so far i want
pudlekins night, bububebe,mutts,goodmamas,weenotion something or other,liners, hollow oak & more :oops:
so how do you all cope??

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Re: How do you control your spending urges?!

Postby megansmummy » Tue Sep 15, 2009 1:02 pm

I just try and sell as much as possible on the classified to bump my pp account up! :)

My avatar
ktinkley
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby ktinkley » Tue Sep 15, 2009 1:15 pm

~I go and look at the pile of fluff that isn't a good fit or I just don't like, that is waiting for me to list in various places and then go and pick up the longies that are taking me ages to knit and have a go at those instead!! :knit:

(or go and comb the classifieds to see if I can get any of those I want pre loved at a price I can afford! :hohoho: )

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Tue Sep 15, 2009 1:52 pm

Stay away from Rhead's posts :giggle: She always finds lovely nappies and I am now about to order from a company she told us about today!
I can be quite sensible and only use pp but for things like custom woolies and co-ops they come out of the bank account!!

My avatar
kt24
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby kt24 » Tue Sep 15, 2009 2:04 pm

By staying away from here. :hohoho: :hohoho: :hohoho: This lot are a terrible influence. :wink:

Apart from that I enjoy browsing and looking at what everyone else is buying. I also knit a lot of woolies and enjoy dyeing things.

I'm more restrained now than I used to be. :wink: If there is something I really want I'll save up enough paypal first. Nappies are great but not worth getting in debt over.

My avatar
eviesmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby eviesmummy » Tue Sep 15, 2009 2:11 pm

Oh I was terrible - if I saw something I wanted, and didnt order it straight away, it played on my mind until I eventually did order it, and I never ordered just the one to try either, usually ended up with at least 2 :oops:

My avatar
tanya
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby tanya » Tue Sep 15, 2009 2:23 pm

My main problem is my paypal is linked to my bank account, so I'm very much like Sadie and buy what I really want.

Sometimes I find things and think "hmm, that's nice", but unless it's something I desperately need, I refrain.

:hohoho: Who am I trying to kid? I have no willpower :giggle:

[ Mobile Post ] Image

[ Mobile Post ] Image

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby Annette » Tue Sep 15, 2009 2:25 pm

I used to be terrible, but it just doen't seem the same with a boy!

My avatar
Allie
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Thankyou Moderators :)

Postby Allie » Tue Sep 15, 2009 2:27 pm

I don't control them, in fact I've been known to browse the classifieds in the middle of the night if I've been awake :oops:

I do try only to use pp from stuff I've sold though :giggle:

[ Mobile Post ] Image

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat