hf1

Best cloth nappy for nursery?

My avatar
chipmonkey
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Best cloth nappy for nursery?

Postby chipmonkey » Wed Sep 16, 2009 8:57 pm

Nursery are moaning about leaky BG and FBS and now Bambinex all in one as well! :(
At this stage cuteness doesn't come into the equation, I just need nappies that will not leak and preferably are slim fitting and don't require a degree in engineering to put on. ( They have even messed up putting on Fuzzi Bunz!)
Ds4 seems to be a heavy wetter in nursery though not so much at home. They must be giving him loads to drink!

Any advice welcome!

My avatar
JanX
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Re: Best cloth nappy for nursery?

Postby JanX » Wed Sep 16, 2009 9:26 pm

how often are they changing him? I think that would be my first question to them to be honest. Also are they putting them on tightly enough or leaving them loose? and are his trousers fitting ok? as in not too tight over the nappies.

What inserts are you putting in the nappies? maybe adding extra stuffing may be the answer?

I have to say that I didn;t find the Bambinex all in one to be absorbant enough for us at all!

I would be tempted to look at that before looking at spending more money on different nappies.

jan x

My avatar
queen bee
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby queen bee » Wed Sep 16, 2009 9:56 pm

I send Lily to the childminder with bumgenius' boosted with a hemp insert. Or a blueberry combo insert boosted with a hemp or bamboo booster. Are you just using using the microfibre inserts? Maybe if you were to add more hemp or bamboo then they would be more absorbant and hold on to the wet better. I find the hemp stops compression wicking. Lily isn't a very heavy wetter though.
Hope you find a solution.
Kelly

My avatar
emmalala
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby emmalala » Thu Sep 17, 2009 8:25 am

i would have said BGs or fuzzis.

My avatar
emmajayne33
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby emmajayne33 » Thu Sep 17, 2009 8:37 am

I know some people swear by Coolababy's for nursery :)

My avatar
VICKERSHOUSE
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby VICKERSHOUSE » Thu Sep 17, 2009 11:06 am

I usually send Freya with her Tots Bots bamboozles and a modern baby wrap to nursery.

I find it seems to depend on who is on nappy changing duty as to how well they are put on though. I sent a LL in once and she came home in that put on back to front :shock: , her TB have been sooooo loose when i took the wrap off at home the nappy just fell down :-? ,they have even put a wrap on inside out! :evil: But some of the girls are really good.

So checking how they put on the nappies is probably a good idea

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby Annette » Thu Sep 17, 2009 11:13 am

We send Coolababy and BGs to nursery, just with the microfibre insert they come with. Ben isn't a heavy wetter and this is fine. He very rarely has to have a change of clothes and then it is usually because he has got them wet or dirty playing rather than the nappy leaking.

They find the nappies very easy, I like to give them mostly one type so they don't have to get used to different ones. The Coolababies are very cheap - £5.50 each incl insert I think so easy to buy lots of them.

They have set change times at nursery so he is never in a nappy longer than 3 hours really - normal change times are 10am, 1pm and 4pm, unless there is a poo in between.

Hope you manage to sort it, nothing worse than leaky nappies :-?

My avatar
2climbingboys
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby 2climbingboys » Thu Sep 17, 2009 11:21 am

I send wonderoos at the moment with no problems.

I have ordered some fleece longies so that I can send WNNLs, bamboo sandys etc and it won't be any more hassle for them than a nappy and trousers (i.e. no wrap). Although they did seem happy to do a 2 part system tbh.

My avatar
chipmonkey
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby chipmonkey » Thu Sep 17, 2009 9:27 pm

Well now I am just mad!!! :evil:
I wanted to know which nappies were leaking and which were OK so I sent in 2 bags, one marked with a tick and one marked with an X. I told them to put the "good nappies" in the "tick" bag and the "bad" nappies in the X bag.
When dh collected ds3 and ds4 the girl said they "didn't have time" to separate them! WTF? All they had to do was put the 2 bags side by side and put them in the appropriate bag as they go along, it must take, oh, all of 10 seconds to check which bag is which!

I sent in all the nappies double stuffed. Now, not only that but I put in 3 vests and all 3 vests came home clean in the bag. So if, he got so soaked why didn't he need a change of vest? I swear that girl just doesn't like cloth nappies and is trying to get ds4 onto dispies! Well, she can keep trying! And if they "don't have time" to do such a simple thing, I wonder whether they have time to feed the child!

Silly cow!

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat