hf1

Best cloth nappy for nursery?

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Re: Best cloth nappy for nursery?

Postby Annette » Fri Sep 18, 2009 8:40 am

Does sound like she is being deliberately negative about them. If he isn't needing a change of vest then it does sound off - you would think it would be the first thing to get wet, does he have a change of trousers? Hope you get to the bottom of it and bring her round :roll:

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby megansmummy » Fri Sep 18, 2009 9:20 am

I would make an appt and go in and talk to them about it, I am the co-ordinator of a baby room in a private nursery and yes it does get busy and yes nappy changes can be a bit stressful when you have 3 or 4 do get done and the babies are crying and getting tired and hungry or whatever...So i wouldnt be too miffed that they didnt manage to seperate the nappies into the designated bags tbh. But they should have given you a better explanation...

Have you shown them how to put the nappies on?? perhaps they dont know how tight they need to be/arnt changing him often enough etc

If his nappies are leaking then i think your right he would probably need a change of vest...

I stuff my Bg's with a prefold and inside the prefold I lay an Ep hemp insert...we dont use them very often at all but they dont leak when we do...

My avatar
chipmonkey
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby chipmonkey » Fri Sep 18, 2009 9:29 pm

:wine:
Well, all's well that ends well!

Today, I sent in BGs and Fuzzi Bunz all stuffed with both a microfibre and hemp insert and no leaks! :lol:

tbh, megansmummy, I was especially mad as it is always this same girl who complains about the nappies, ever since ds3 was in cloth ( ds3 is 4 now, ds4 is my current cloth baby) ) and she has also been the least co-operative when it comes to identifying which nappies are a problem. It is as if she is just looking for any excuse to get him into disposables. The other girls in the nursery are much more positive. I don't know how it works in the UK but here in Ireland you get charged by weight for your refuse, so cloth wearers do save them money and I think the nursery manager is quite keen.

I also think that I was making the mistake of thinking that all the leaks were down to the nappy design rather than not being stuffed enough, particularly as I know they change ds4 much more often than I do :oops: (slummy mummy here!) Also I think they tend to give ds4 a lot of drinks at nursery and he is :bf: at home so maybe I am not producing as much in the way of liquid refreshment, hence the heavier wetting while at nursery.

I really don't want BG's to be my main nappy, though. I find they are great for 2-3 months and then the elastics and aplix go. So it looks like we are back to Fuzzis though I am liking the look of the coolababies!

My avatar
Sally
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby Sally » Fri Sep 18, 2009 9:57 pm

glad you have got it sorted sounds like a nightmare!
my LO still not arrived yet and I am already worrying about nappy use at nursery I remember it being a nightmare with my last one!
I have found a fab nursery but still not bought up the nappy situation with them :oops: !
I am a previous nursey manager so know how some nurseries let anyone change nappies although it should just be the child's key person!
So am really hoping it won't be an issue couldn't bare the thought of worrying about nappies everyday am also looking for a childminder so it def is just one person changing!

fingers crossed!

My avatar
chipmonkey
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby chipmonkey » Fri Sep 18, 2009 11:09 pm

With ds3, I just told the nursery he was a cloth baby and that is what I would be sending in, I didn't "ask permission" as such as I felt I should be the one who decided what went next to his skin and I kind of felt that if I did ask, then they would be more likely to say no, than if I just said what we were doing. And I have to say, most of the staff up to now have been fab and really positive. They thought the FB's were "funky" and one lady said her dh would love me as he was a real eco-warrior! I think if you show them a BG or a FB they are likely to be more impressed than if you show them a terry square, I find that nappies that resemble dispies go down better. With the exception of Itti bittis, though, which came home with the soaker outside the outer part which kind of defeated the purpose! :giggle:

Previous

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat