Can you reccomend a LARGE nappy?

My avatar
123princesssammie
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Re: Can you reccomend a LARGE nappy?

Postby 123princesssammie » Fri Sep 18, 2009 11:05 am

i know you are a good at sewing, so wandered if this was going to be any good,

after experitmenting with making alesha some nappies a firend of mine asked me to make her little boy who is 5 a couple for night times as he still in nappies at night , so i used the RRP pattern but made it bigger, i added about 3/4 inch extra all around the edge and it actually to big for him, she sent it back for me to add more velcro lol, it worth a try! :wink:

My avatar
dawnsmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby dawnsmummy » Fri Sep 18, 2009 11:09 am

I actually use the Ottobre pattern to make my own, but I'm being lazy at the moment :giggle: And I need to experiment with the pattern a bit and try and make a stuffable fitted nappy (Like a pocket but with no PUL) so that I can boost them for nights and also so they'll dry faster. My Ottobre's at the moment are PERFECT night nappies with a hemp booster, but they take all night to dry out on the radiator :(

My avatar
123princesssammie
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby 123princesssammie » Fri Sep 18, 2009 12:04 pm

i couldnt quite get the ottobre pattern it didnt make much sense to me lol so stuck to the rrp which is dead easy, my next mission is to make some wraps so looking out for a good pattern for that!

My avatar
dawnsmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby dawnsmummy » Fri Sep 18, 2009 12:12 pm

make the rrp pattern a bit bigger and use that ;) make it from scrap fabric first till u work it out so you dont waste pul

[ Mobile Post ] Image

My avatar
winniewheresmypooh
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby winniewheresmypooh » Fri Sep 18, 2009 12:14 pm

I've got a large UDNN for Lucas but it is too big so I use it for jon. It will only just do up and he has a 21inch waist. I dont think you have much chance for Dawn I'm afraid. The x-large might be ok though.

My avatar
123princesssammie
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby 123princesssammie » Fri Sep 18, 2009 12:25 pm

lol, i so didnt think of that lol, blame it on the baby brain :hohoho: :giggle: :hohoho:

My avatar
dawnsmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby dawnsmummy » Fri Sep 18, 2009 12:28 pm

thanks donna. looks like therell be a brand new ud on classifieds when it arrives

[ Mobile Post ] Image

My avatar
winniewheresmypooh
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby winniewheresmypooh » Fri Sep 18, 2009 1:59 pm

:giggle: Must be sooooo frustrating for you trying to find nappies that fit. Wish there was something I could suggest but I think it is a case a specifically asking for them in bigger sizes IYSWIM. :hug:

My avatar
dawnsmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby dawnsmummy » Fri Sep 18, 2009 2:06 pm

Yeah. I've emailed WN anyways. I've got a few fitteds on hold too and two pockets so need to pay for them and I'll just need some more wool and fleece I think.
Me and OH need to hurry up and move in and make more babies :giggle: If Dawnie's PT'ing, where will I get my fluff fix?! lol. I'll have to babysit my friends' little ones. they're new born and in cloth :thumbsup:

PreviousNext

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat