hf1

help/advice before i give up

My avatar
fleur08
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Re: help/advice before i give up

Postby fleur08 » Sun Sep 20, 2009 5:09 pm

thanks everyone, youve made me want to continue!

i made a discovery online thismornig on an american chat thing, dont quite know how i stumbled across it, but it was on about fleece allergys, & the long and short of it is that its unlikly to be allergic to fleece, but it does/can retain chemicals from the wash, particularly pocket nappys due to water not being able to cerculate as well as say a loose fleece liner.
then when in contact with wee it can cause a sort of chemical burn,or like sunburn on bum/bits.

well em' is usually in a fleece lined pocket!
if left in them it progresses to ulcers and looks pretty manky, but a day or 2 in sposies and it starts to heal v.quickly.
will try unlined fitteds & see where we go from there, shopping probably!

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Thankyou Moderators :)
Site Supporter

Postby Louise » Sun Sep 20, 2009 7:30 pm

Hope the unlined fitteds help. :hug:

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Sun Sep 20, 2009 8:34 pm

fleur08 wrote:thanks everyone, youve made me want to continue!

i made a discovery online thismornig on an american chat thing, dont quite know how i stumbled across it, but it was on about fleece allergys, & the long and short of it is that its unlikly to be allergic to fleece, but it does/can retain chemicals from the wash, particularly pocket nappys due to water not being able to cerculate as well as say a loose fleece liner.
then when in contact with wee it can cause a sort of chemical burn,or like sunburn on bum/bits.

if left in them it progresses to ulcers and looks pretty manky, but a day or 2 in sposies and it starts to heal v.quickly.

That's very interesting... Thanks for that!

My avatar
clairelana
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby clairelana » Sun Sep 20, 2009 8:51 pm

Velvetsteph wrote:
fleur08 wrote:thanks everyone, youve made me want to continue!

That's very interesting... Thanks for that!

Oh that is interesting!
Kaydis bum been quite sore recently, thinking about it is has seemed better when i havent used a fleece linner but a minkee one.
I also the same as Annette when she is really sore i only wipe her when she poo's. This does seem to help a little.

My avatar
lazylexis
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby lazylexis » Tue Sep 22, 2009 5:00 pm

Nathan's bum is usually fine and his first 2 teeth are just coming through,you can just about see them.for the past few days his bum has been sore and red so the teething may well be contributing as well.

[ Mobile Post ] Image

My avatar
Miranda
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby Miranda » Tue Sep 22, 2009 8:20 pm

This sounds to me to be a classic reaction to the washing powder/washing powders generally... I would suggest try Nappy Fresh or Nappy Soak (made by BioD also branded for eg Bambino Mio, Perfectly Happy People)> Use this to soak the nappies, folowing the instructions then wash or rinse well without any detergent, or wash in the machine with it instead of detergent, rinse well.

To protect and sooth her bottom I'd suggest use a chamomile based cream, or one with beeswax to protect

I'd also avoid baby wipes completely, these are often the hidden culprit. You can use warm water and a cloth, pat to dry.

I'd also try as much nappy free time as you can.

My avatar
fluffycabbage
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby fluffycabbage » Tue Sep 22, 2009 11:20 pm

fleur08 wrote:hi ladies,
i need help please.

em's been in sposies for 10 days to clear up bad nappy rash -worked a treat within hours i saw an improvement.

put her back in cloth last night,and changed every 2 hours today - damp nappys but not soaked & not left in poo either, then at 5.30 started screaming house down,took her nappy off & it was bright red, hot to touch & very sore.
all nappys were stripped last week and rinsed so no bubbles left.

im at the end of my teather, i need to get this sorted or im going to give up as i cant bear to see her bum get bad again, she had bleeding ulcered bits last time. :(
the h.v thought it was a reaction to washing powder,possibly, but begining to think it unlikely.

the nappys dont smell of amonia when taken off but a full nappy bucket does smell pretty strongly.
shes teething ,which i know doesnt help, but surely it cant be solely down to that?
its been on and off since june.
any ideas, please !

so, hows it going now? x

My avatar
fleur08
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby fleur08 » Wed Sep 23, 2009 10:38 am

all is fine now! :wine: :wine:
using fitteds and havnt had even the slightest red bum,so must be a fleece issue.
means ive got to get more fitteds now, so feel free to spam me about serged fitteds :giggle:
sorry for short reply, computer is dying & keeps shutting down :x

My avatar
babyjjbaby
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby babyjjbaby » Wed Sep 23, 2009 12:56 pm

:wine: glad you have sorted it have you tried cuddlesoft or minkke inners maybe you could get some liners made from that to lie over the fleece so you don't have to stop using pockets

PreviousNext

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat