Mum's of daughters....

My avatar
HannahBanana
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Mum's of daughters....

Postby HannahBanana » Tue Nov 27, 2007 12:11 pm

I'm having issues with tights and cloth nappies, am I alone? lol

Basically the tights make her nappies wick very early! Somedays if she has them on she'll be wet in an hour when in trousers the nappy would normally last 3/4 hours.

Any tips and tricks?

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby Annette » Tue Nov 27, 2007 12:14 pm

We only sometimes have problems if the top of the tights rolls over the top of the nappy and it gets damp so I just have to be careful to pull them up nice and high.

Could they be on the small side? Charlotte does look like Nora Batty sometimes as she is in 18-24m tights and they are quite roomy but I imagine if they are quite tight then they are more likely to wick.

My avatar
HannahBanana
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby HannahBanana » Tue Nov 27, 2007 12:26 pm

some are last years :oops: because I haven't managed to find any PLAIN tights yet (getting very annoyed about it too) and some are age 3yrs pmsl!

It's normally round the bum that wicks.

I tried AGAIN this morning to get plain tights in next but they don't seem to do them or simply have any in 18-24 or even 12-18 getting on my wick!

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Tue Nov 27, 2007 12:36 pm

I gave up on tights for Isabelle a long time ago - leggings are a good solution though - we got some nice plain ones from boots...

Otherwise babylegs or hugalugs...

My avatar
nic1
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby nic1 » Tue Nov 27, 2007 12:45 pm

I agree babylegs, what we use when she wears skirts. Get them in fab designs too. I have an orange pair that have a nice design on that Evie doesn't wear if you want them for £2.50 INC P&P? Can do a pic if you are interested.

My avatar
karenandgeorgia
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby karenandgeorgia » Tue Nov 27, 2007 1:18 pm

I like Georgia in tights, she wears them a lot. I have found the Next ones to be the roomiest around her nappy, though she has got a little skinny bum :D I get all the girls stuff from the directory, have you tried ordering some?

What about long knee high sock, wasn't it Nic that got some brown and pink ones for Evie?

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby Annette » Tue Nov 27, 2007 1:21 pm

HannahBanana wrote:some are last years :oops: because I haven't managed to find any PLAIN tights yet (getting very annoyed about it too) and some are age 3yrs pmsl!

It's normally round the bum that wicks.

I tried AGAIN this morning to get plain tights in next but they don't seem to do them or simply have any in 18-24 or even 12-18 getting on my wick!

I got some nice plain ones in M&S - probably not your cheapest option but they are nice and roomy. They also claim to be some special material that keeps them warm when it is cold and cool when it is warm or something, don't really know about that but sounds good.
Got some great funky patterned tights in Next but haven't looked there for plain ones.

Babylegs is a good alternative but sometimes when it is really chilly I like tights - she goes outside at nursery and plays on the slide so I worry about her getting cold thighs! Leggings and tunic type dresses are also cute.

My avatar
JanX
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby JanX » Tue Nov 27, 2007 1:27 pm

Only tip I have is to make sure that you buy the tights with 2 seams up the bum not just 1 seam up the centre as they are roomier!!

Or as others have said, babylegs type things or leggings under skirts!

jan x

My avatar
nic1
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby nic1 » Tue Nov 27, 2007 1:33 pm

karenandgeorgia wrote:What about long knee high sock, wasn't it Nic that got some brown and pink ones for Evie?

Yep that was me, they were a set of one Pink and one Brown knee high socks with bobbles on top for the extra cuteness factor.....Evie has the Brown ones on today with her pretty next Brown skirt. I believe they also do some Cream and Pink ones as a set i think too. £4.99 for the set of two pairs which is good value i thought.

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat