hf1

re ..our councils cloth nappy incentive is pants

My avatar
angiepangie2809
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

re ..our councils cloth nappy incentive is pants

Postby angiepangie2809 » Mon Sep 21, 2009 3:36 pm

hi ladies. I live in Peterborough in cambs and think our councils cloth nappy incentive is pants.
to my knowledge there is nothing here at all in terms of incentives or moneyback schemes. I think it is such a shame because our council bleats on about cost cutting and cutting back on household waste and the amount of rubbish that goes to landfill, they only empty the bins on alternative weeks but there is nothing in place to motivate people to try cloth nappies. There is a site for cambs that supposably can provide a free starter cloth nappy set to cambridshire residents but i know when i emailed them i never got a reply back and a few friends of mine never heard back from them too. i think its a huge shame because there are so many lovely choices of gorgeous cloth nappies out there but so many people dont know about them ect. is anyone elses council incentives pants too?

My avatar
MrsWeirdo
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Re: re ..our councils cloth nappy incentive is pants

Postby MrsWeirdo » Mon Sep 21, 2009 3:48 pm

Ours is.... they do a few trial packs which are rubbish. Or you can get a loan pack, which you pay £75 for the priviedge of and it's just prefolds.... No wonder not many people use them round here!

My avatar
fleur08
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby fleur08 » Mon Sep 21, 2009 4:02 pm

ours offered £30 back, but that was as a trial for the 1st 100 people & not advertised,so dont think they realy wanted anyone to get it.

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby megansmummy » Mon Sep 21, 2009 4:10 pm

I am very lucky, our borough council is offering £100 cash back when you can prove a purchase of that much or more...although when Megan was born we got £30 back...

My avatar
tanya
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby tanya » Mon Sep 21, 2009 4:18 pm

We get £10 a year for up to 3 years, which is pants and not worth the effort of filling in the paperwork for it.

There's also a heavily subsidised pack, but that's utter garbage too!

[ Mobile Post ] Image

My avatar
eviesmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby eviesmummy » Mon Sep 21, 2009 4:20 pm

We get nothing - at all :roll:

My avatar
dawnsmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby dawnsmummy » Mon Sep 21, 2009 4:21 pm

Ours is £45 towards nappies, and there's a couple of sites that take them too...
MK used to be £50 cash back, dont know what it is now...

My avatar
clairelana
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby clairelana » Mon Sep 21, 2009 4:31 pm

Ours is a nappy washing service. Not sure what they provide you get 3 months free trial.
I'm in the process of working with our council to offer something better.

My avatar
wytch
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby wytch » Mon Sep 21, 2009 4:33 pm

our concil used to do £30 toward the cost of nappies if you bought from there approved shops or £30 gift voucher if you had already bought nappies. I remember phoning about it before DD ( I had a mc 4 months before so i rang for that lo) and I had to fill in the form and give birth cert and have dr/hv.mid wife letter to say they i was using cloth and a visit from a nappy advisor to prove it as well :shock: :shock: It wasn't worth it. now they have sed no one applied so its scrapped :crossbaby: :evil: :evil:

we dont get free trail nappies or a nappy service wash either so it rubbish here

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat