hf1

fleece problems

My avatar
mamaellie
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

fleece problems

Postby mamaellie » Mon Sep 21, 2009 6:05 pm

Uggghhh. :x Today for the second time ever I used a nappy that has serged legs, is lined in fleece (inside and outside the elastic, iykwim), and has a pul outer, and for the second time we had major leaking at the legs at the first big wee. I love the idea of having the elastic kind of padded but I'm wondering if that design is a problem or a problem for heavy wetters or if it's just me.

I didn't think fleece was supposed to be absorbant (feels really wet)? WIll stripping help (doing the brush on the fleece thing)? Extra boosting? The last nappy I wasn't too bothered about-- I assumed it was too big for her but this latest one I really want to love.

Help?

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Re: fleece problems

Postby megansmummy » Mon Sep 21, 2009 6:33 pm

Was it a pocket nappy? Could it need more boosting? What nappy was it and what did you put in it??

My avatar
mamaellie
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby mamaellie » Mon Sep 21, 2009 6:56 pm

The first one was a bumwear pocket and I put a rectangular insert in with an ep hemp (same as I do my BGs) and the legs leaked. The second one was a preloved WAHM AI2 with snap-in boosters, which I just used a very thin bamboo booster with. Maybe I do need more with the AI2. Going to try rinsing the bananas out of it after tonight's wash (couple of my nappies need this doing, actualy) and see if that helps.

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Mon Sep 21, 2009 7:52 pm

Not sure I'm afraid but some people just don't get on with serged nappies (I love them though) x

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Louise » Mon Sep 21, 2009 7:57 pm

If the fleece is wet there may be build up somewhere so washing with washing up liquid and rinsing loads may help. What are the outers made of?

My avatar
mamaellie
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby mamaellie » Mon Sep 21, 2009 9:53 pm

polyester/pul outers (like fuzzis). Our serged fitteds are my favourite because they fit her thighs so well which is why I want these to work so much... I think I'll try the washing up liquid and brush thing.

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat