hf1

travelling with cloth nappies

My avatar
yellowdaisy
Clothie
Clothie

travelling with cloth nappies

Postby yellowdaisy » Tue Sep 22, 2009 8:18 am

Hi everyone, I travel a lot back and forth from UK and Italy and that works fine because we have a washing machine in both places. Next week we are going to Paris for a week and will be staying in a hotel and I want so much to take the fluff with us - especially as I have just bought some new itti limiteds ;-) but I have always used disposables when travelling in the past.

I have bought some extra booster sets for the itti's so as long as the nappies themselves don't get soiled or wet I can just hand wash the snap in sets which will dry better than my other nappies (i will just have to hope the hotel is warm enough to dry them over night...)

Is there a good way to travel with cloth that you can recommend?

thank you x

My avatar
happytails
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Re: travelling with cloth nappies

Postby happytails » Tue Sep 22, 2009 12:48 pm

Hiya,

We went camping for a few days so had enough nappies to use for the trip and a very big nappy bag! LOL though i do think the AI2s are good for going away as you can just change the inserts. Pockets are also good as they dry fast and if your LO isnt as heavy wetter then microfibre inserts are good as these dry super fast! x

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Tue Sep 22, 2009 1:14 pm

I took Gracie's nappies in their own case on holiday :oops: :giggle: it was one of the kiddie pull along ones though that fitted in the plane cabin. We had a washing machine so i could wash every day. Now sure about hand washing though, I would be worried about them not being clean enough and getting build up. x

My avatar
Vicki
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Vicki » Tue Sep 22, 2009 1:38 pm

I stored mine in an XL monkey foot bag and then found a laundrette! Would def take slim nappies to save on room.

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat