hf1

what would be fair?

My avatar
Bee's Knees
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

what would be fair?

Postby Bee's Knees » Thu Sep 24, 2009 12:48 pm

Just got a couple of mutts from diaperswappers and the lady was nice enough to ship to the U.K. from the U.S.

BUT

She listed them both as EUC and they arrived today and the elastic is out on one leg in each of them. if I go back and look at her original post having the diapers to hand I can tell in the pictures, but at the time I could not and it was not disclosed.
I'm pretty annoyed and have sent a message saying this, but I'm wondering what a fair outcome would be? Refund for the diapers and the postage? Refund the diapers? Send them back at her cost?
If I don't hear within 48 hours, I'm filing with paypal for the whole amount, but I'd like to know what you ladies would think a fair resolution would be as I'd like to give her a chance to bargain with me first.

Thanks for your input!
Karen

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Re: what would be fair?

Postby megansmummy » Thu Sep 24, 2009 12:57 pm

I would ask for a refund and postage...at the end of the day you wouldnt have bought them and had them posted to you if you had known the elastic was shot...you had them shipped here based on her discription...therefor her mistake!

So sorry! :hug:

My avatar
rhead
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby rhead » Thu Sep 24, 2009 5:31 pm

Yikes! It is a bugger with the shipping being so expensive (though maybe it's cheaper posting from the UK to the US?)... but EUC is definitely not shot elastic :-?, and it's not as though it's easy to replace on a Mutt. I don't really know what I'd do in that situation, I hope she's amenable to working something out!

My avatar
moonfruit
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby moonfruit » Thu Sep 24, 2009 6:31 pm

I would ask for a refund but not sure what to do about postage. It's expensive to sent to the States from here so not sure how you'd work that. Perhaps if she would give you a partial refund and you could try and sell them on. We have a few nappies with loose elastic and they work fine on Lottie the chubby thighed one :wink: :oops:

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat