My avatar
littlesez
Cloth Nappy Guru
Cloth Nappy Guru
Site Supporter

BTP Has anyone ever?

Postby littlesez » Thu Sep 24, 2009 11:14 pm

....actually used a nappy from birth to potty :hohoho:

I just cannot imagine it at all! I suuppose if you had a big baby about 10lbs maybe then he/she grew quite slowly and wasnt a big toddler?

I am trying to think now but none of my BTP i have would have fit izzy right at 8lbs a :wine: nd no way would they at age 2 or 3 :giggle:

I think its much more fun to but different sizes :twisted:

My avatar
MrsWeirdo
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Re: BTP Has anyone ever?

Postby MrsWeirdo » Fri Sep 25, 2009 4:54 am

Er, I've used by BG's since birth on Amber. I don't know how long they will last, but I am still using them on David and he's got plenty of growing room (he can still fit in most mediums though - right skinny minny!). They're not my nappy of choice though - I have much prettier fluff elsewhere!

My avatar
Soupdragon
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Site Supporter

Postby Soupdragon » Fri Sep 25, 2009 6:29 am

I used BG on Iris from birth. I always found the fit to be excellent; they'd still fit her really well now with a mile of growing room. However, Iris can undo aplix and we can't really use pockets as she outpees them. So there are other reasons why our BTP nappies won't last until PT, but fit isn't one of them. The popper fastening BTP fitteds I have now (BBH) I didn't have when Iris was tiny (she was about 3 months old when I got one), so can't comment.

My avatar
dawnsmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby dawnsmummy » Fri Sep 25, 2009 6:47 am

bg would have fit dawn at birth but not a chance of them fitting now :giggle: i do have a monster child thou

[ Mobile Post ] Image

My avatar
emmajayne33
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby emmajayne33 » Fri Sep 25, 2009 6:50 am

I used BG on Isaac from about 7 weeks and Also used them on my daughter till she potty trained at nearly 3 :)

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby Annette » Fri Sep 25, 2009 8:41 am

I used MEOS and wraps on Charlotte from 5 days old until she pt'd at 2 yrs and 2 weeks :D

They weren't very well, I stopped using them overnight from about 4 months and did move on to pockets at home but continued to send them to nursery for them to use as that was what they were used to.

So yes :wink:

ETA. and Charlotte was only 7lbs 4oz at birth so not huge. She was about 30lbs when she pt'd but was quite tall slim.

My avatar
emmalala
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby emmalala » Fri Sep 25, 2009 8:44 am

i used all my BTP nappies on both boys. dan from 5 months and big chunky bailey whos 2. still do. BGs fit them both, as do WNOS and BBOS. Saves me buying different sizes :wink:

My avatar
alwaysagirly
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby alwaysagirly » Fri Sep 25, 2009 9:00 am

This is something I've been wondering aswell, nice to know its not just a marketing ploy

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby Annette » Fri Sep 25, 2009 9:12 am

It certainly does depend on a lot of factors - Charlotte wasn't tiny tiny otherwise I would have had to wait longer before using them - although as I say, I used them from just over 7lbs and although bulky, they fitted well and worked without any problems. And then she wasn't a very big toddler. Added to that she pt'd quite early. So if you had a larger toddler who pt's later then you are unlikely to use them all the way through and would have to buy bigger ones towards the end.

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat